Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2018, 04:18   #1

Boat: Herman Boro 50Ft
Sailtimer Wind masthead unit Bluetooth

Hi Has anybody got the latest Sailtimer wind masthead unit love to hear what you think. It seems pretty good with their Tacking App from the youtube videos
rosco4271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:59   #2

Re: Sailtimer Wind masthead unit Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco4271 View Post
Hi Has anybody got the latest Sailtimer wind masthead unit love to hear what you think. It seems pretty good with their Tacking App from the youtube videos
Once I had order the first Instrument it took over 6 month to arrive changing all the time the delivery date and the second one took also 7 month. The SailTimer Instrument did never function because my mast is 36 ft high and the Bluetooth signal did not arrive on my instrument or smartphone. The first SailTimer Wind Instrument after 3 month the plate where it was fixed brake and I lost the Instrument. So I talk to the company SailTimer and they sold me a second Instrument with factory price, but this Instrument also did not function, the Bluetooth signal did not arrive to the instrument or smartphone and also the wind direction is not working, I think it came with this defect from factory. I did not have support from the company and they only told me that it is not possible that it is not function properly. So at the end I have pay a lot of money and no result. SailTimer say that they have a new and stronger Bluetooth electronic in there new Instruments which have a longer range, admitting with this that the old Instruments had problem with the communication. So in the moment I also do not know what Wind-Instrument for rotating mast I will buy.
chamo0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:36   #3
ews

Boat: Hallberg Rassy HR31 Monsun
Send a message via Skype™ to ews
Re: Sailtimer Wind masthead unit Bluetooth

pls see my other posts(and other posters) related to this product here. Old and new version and how difficult the company is to deal with.

Don't just listen to me. Do some research on this product and company on the forums and the BBB (better business bureau) and the decision will be easy.

Tags
head, mast, sail, wind