Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2013, 09:24   #1

Boat: 1996 Seawind 1000, extended to 37 ft
Sea Frost Customer Service

Hello all,
I wanted everyone to know of an excellent customer service experience I'm having with Sea Frost (seafrost.com) Refrigeration and Cleave Horton (sales@seafrost.com).
I am having some trouble with the refrigeration system, which I believe to be original to the boat, that's installed on our new-to-us 1996 Seawind 1000 catamaran. The problem I was having was that the only the top 1/3 of the plate would frost up when initially turned on in the morning. The plate would frost up by the end of the day when we would turn off the fridge for the night to conserve batteries but that was more through convection of the stainless steel plate. In addition, the compressor would run continuously throughout the day as opposed to shutting off around midday, and cycling for about 10 minutes every hour for the rest of the day, as I had been told by the previous owner.
The previous owner figured the system was low on refrigerant and contacted Sea Frost looking for some parts and advice but he never got around to recharging the system before he sold us the boat so it was up to me. I carried on the conversation with Cleave and posed several other questions and requested some additional advice which he provided promptly and clearly. To top it off, he just sent me a replacement cap for the expansion valve free of charge. Keep in mind this is all for a customer who's not actually bought anything from the company and he's providing service for a unit that was sold 17 or 18 years ago. I asked him if there was a way I could post a testimonial on his website and he said "Tell your friends" so that's what this post is about. Although it's almost intangible when looking to invest money in a product, there's something to be said for customer service as part of the decision making process. There are a lot of negative customer service experiences but I like seeing the rare positive ones.
Once again, excellent customer service from Cleave Horton at Sea Frost.
Lorry
reynishl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 09:31   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: CS-36T - Cupecoy
Re: Sea Frost Customer Service

I will not buy marine refrigeration from anyone but Cleave Horton / Sea Frost. His customer service is second to none. He has repaired stuff for me so long out of warranty with a smile, quick turn around and a, "it's on me" before even when I insisted on paying him.. Great service, great product and as such I am exceptionally loyal to Sea Frost.
Old 16-07-2013, 15:57   #3

Boat: C&C Landfall 48
Second your positive review of Cleave and SeaFrost. He's helped us out numerous times, down the US East Coast via phone, or in the islands via email...always helpful in troubleshooting cooling or freezing challenges.
svgaladriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2013, 18:26   #4

Boat: Beneteau 473
Cleave and Sea Frost rock! Cleave is awesome! We love our Sea Frost refrigerator and freezer.
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
SmartMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 05:08   #5

Boat: '88 Passport 41' Magic Moments

20 years with Seafrost here...Wonderful folks to deal with.
A
Dynamo1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2013, 05:31   #6

I installed a seafrost unit about 6 years ago and Cleave was very helpful in the numerous questions that I had, both in the type of unit to buy and in the actual installation. Thanks Cleave.
lancelot9898 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service