Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Product or Service Reviews & Evaluations
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2021, 14:48   #1

Boat: Leopard 46 Owners
Stainless work in Fort Pierce FL (or north) area?

I need to get a solar arch built and potentially my davits replaced. Had it scheduled from 3 months ago to get done in Fort Lauderdale, but they can not find stainless to build from. I guess there is a shortage and 3 months notice was not enough.

I need to get moving north for insurance reasons. Does anyone have a good stainless welder I can try to schedule with while we are heading north? I'm thinking Fort Pierce or Thunderbolt (Savannah) but can really be anywhere between key west and Maine. Biggest issue is the mast is 72' tall, so no fixed bridges between the ocean and the yard.

My thought is to book the work now and then I can figure out a schedule to be there when they are ready for the work.

Boat is a Leopard 46 sailing cat and we are currently in Key West, but will begin heading north somewhere around Tuesday.
SailSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2021, 15:15   #2
mcm

Re: Stainless work in Fort Pierce FL (or north) area?

You tried Pipe welders in Ft Lauderdale ?
mcm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
work