Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-10-2009, 17:50   #1

Boat: Beneteau First 38
Thumbs down Sun Electronics (expletive deleted)

Yes they have good prices on solar panels BUT!

I was finally able to get them to take my order, I had requested NUMEROUS times for the shipping cost to my freight forwarder who was 17 miles away,after the online shipping price came out to $270.

So they took my order, took my money....all is going good. The panels show up and the order is half right....

I had ordered 4x 130 watt panels for my 12 volt dc existing charge controller.... what arrived was 2 x 130 watt and 2 x 150 watt

Don't mind the extra wattage but they are running at 24vdc and they are bigger. We all know that we measure and remeasure and just for the fun of it measure again before we order anything... and then we measure again after the order.

SO. I call and I email and I call and I leave messages and I email and I call and I call...from the Caribbean I might add, and nothing.

ZERO, ZILCH, NADA Customer service.

I just ordered charge controller and remote meter (not from them), to accommodate these wrongly shipped panels for another $500 touch including shipping and then I'm gonna get stuck with the import duty.

All because of the FINE Customer Service of Sun Electronics from Miami. Solar Panels : Solar Panels Direct $2.38 per watt

I wished I could have written a positive experience....
I'm fighting currents to get back to you, listening to the flow of your liquid language as you beckon me, "Come Play"
Mariners Cove, CI. Anonymous.
Caribsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 20:24   #2

Boat: Allied Princess 36'
Same deal -- ordered 2, 130 watt small panels and what I got was 2 ,130 watt medium panels that won't fit in the space required. Sun Elec won't return any calls or e-mails. Oh and thier shipping changes with the time of day. Started at $160 and dropped to $60 which I jumped on at the time of order. They used to be a lot better!!
Martinini is offline   Reply With Quote