Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 08:15   #1

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat
Vela Sailing Supply- Velasailingsupply.com

Just wanted to post a review of the great experience I had with Velasailingsupply.com.

Refitting a boat for a long cruise really sucks! It seems every day I'm purchasing something new for a project, along with receiving boxes from last week's online spending spree. Having spent over $25,000 in the past year, I really have no complaints with anyone I have delt with. I haven't had the chance to test out the customer service of any of the places I delt with except one.

I purchased two Facnor Aluminum thimbles from Velasailingsupply.com on the 9th of January. The next day I was sent a confirmation that the package had shipped. About two weeks later I was going through my checklist of orders from the beginning of the month, and saw that I had not checked in the thimbles for my Solent stay project.

I sent an email to Rod at Vela that night inquiring about the missing items. I received an email back first thing in the morning saying the parts were shown as "delivered and left on front steps" by UPS. After I confirmed that the parts were not in my pile of stuff, Rod spent the next week and a half on the phone with UPS, Facnor (they dropped shipped the parts), and myself trying to get this all figured out. He offered many times to replace the items while we were working on finding the missing ones. He really understood the issues we "refitting" cruisers have with getting a boat compleated.

In the end, it seems that the package was delivered to a house down the street from us in a damaged box (missing most of the address sticker). I got my parts and found a company that will be earning a lot more of my business.

Again, Rod at Velasailingsupply.com went above and beyond helping a small time customer. They deserve big thumbs up!
Matt Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asa, sailing