Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2024, 08:54   #1

Boat: Paceship P29 & Morgan OI 416
Send a message via Skype™ to Bazz
Weize AGM battery

Hi,

Anyone had problems with having a Weize battery delivered?

I wasn’t quite ready to go full lithium, so I ordered two AGM 4D battery from Weize (https://www.weizeus.com) which I wanted delivered to the marina (Barcombs Marina Rouses point NY).

I was given a single order number and shortly after I received two FedEx tracking numbers. A few days later, the owner of the marina was present and helped with the delivery of a single box, which he thought contained the two batteries (he was under the impression they were regular size batteries), but it contained only one 4D. FedEx tracking says that the two boxes were delivered. I contacted Weize who said that I have to file a claim myself with FedEx (see their email below). FedEx says that only the shipper can file a claim (see the attached screen capture of their claim interface).

So, I’m stuck, can’t file a claim and missing a battery.

Any advice?

Bazz

Weize’s customer service email (formatted as received except for masked x info):

Hi,
Thank you for your reaching out and sorry for the issue.
The package XXXXXXXXXXXX was already delivered on xx/xx/xx at xx:xx AM
Could you please try to find the package around the front door or porch first?
Have you asked your family or neighbours if they took your package ?
If the package still can not be found,please file a claim with FedEx and get in touch with us again.
Best wishes

Name:	Image.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	289130  
Bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2024, 11:03   #2

Boat: Paceship P29 & Morgan OI 416
Send a message via Skype™ to Bazz
Re: Weize AGM battery

UPDATE: Good news. After a number of emails with FedEx, I was told that the "claim" must be initiated by the sender (Weize). Afterwards, Weize did come back to me with an apology and proposal to reimburse or replace the missing battery. I opted for the replacement and received today a new FedEx tracking number. So all in all, seems to be going in the right direction. But it did took some time and effort to get there: many hours and 15 emails on a three day period. I'll post a final update when the battery is delivered.
Bazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agm, battery