Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Product or Service Reviews & Evaluations
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2021, 17:17   #1

Boat: 1979 O'Day 28
What do you know of Nauteak Marine in Australia?

I putting a removable table into my 28ft. O'Day sloop. So I've been looking to buy a teak table top. I found a really nice nautically themed top made by Nauteak in Belrose, Australia. I'm in Boston, USA. So I wondered given the international membership of this forum, if somebody knew them or bought from them and could confirm they're a reliable source. Thanks.
billdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:20   #2

Re: What do you know of Nauteak Marine in Australia?

Sorry, just spotted this so apologies for the delay in our response, but that is somewhat apt..... We ordered a teak boat table from Nauteak in mid June 2021. It finally arrived today (11th January 2022) after much chasing. I would avoid. Customer care and communication is poor and delivery is, as the timescale indicates, a sad joke. Quality of table is ok, but nothing standout and certainly not worth the wait.
worldexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2022, 23:23   #3

We have purchased several tables from Nauteak Marine and have had no problems. Things did get a bit delayed last year during the height of the pandemic, but our latest delivery came in good time. The tables themselves are excellent.
mikewatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2022, 00:26   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, worldexplorer, and belated welcome to MikeWatson.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2022, 00:38   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: neptunus 56 fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdre View Post
I putting a removable table into my 28ft. O'Day sloop. So I've been looking to buy a teak table top. I found a really nice nautically themed top made by Nauteak in Belrose, Australia. I'm in Boston, USA. So I wondered given the international membership of this forum, if somebody knew them or bought from them and could confirm they're a reliable source. Thanks.
1 min look this Nauteak in Belrose is simple shop not producer. this table is made in asia. for you is better find some company in your state or china because shipping is a huge problem this day.

try this
http://cockpittables.com/binnacle-tables-pictures/
more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2022, 08:18   #6

Boat: 1979 O'Day 28

I appreciate the information each member has posted especially "More" who went over to take a look at the place. I ordered my table at the time when the supply chain was a mess. I talked with them several times and my table did show up roughly six months after I ordered it. The table is excellent, just as advertising on the web. I thought they were honest and straight forward when I talked to them. Just being able to get someone on the phone was in itself reassuring. So I agree with MikeWatson the firm is honest and the products offered are as represented. Thanks again for everyone's input.
billdre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, marine, teak