Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2018, 22:23   #31

Boat: Colegate 26
Re: Charging for delivery

I am a "computer guy" to put it simply. When I told one friend that I would have to start charging for tech support apparently the word got out and everyone stopped asking. That was the last time anyone asked me anything about computers.

It's important to not have your personal time abused. But there are other ways to get paid for services than sending an invoice to your buddy.
LoudMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 15:49   #32

Boat: Pearson 34-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadman Uhlich View Post
My view: The best things that should be shared between friends are: adventures, good times, good memories, good food and drink, and most importantly, trust.

When money changes hands, it can change things and people.

In my view, a good friend is more valuable than money. Unfortunately when a friend loses money because of a friend, they often lose that friend too.

That said, I have developed many long-lasting, strong, trusting friendships AFTER being paid to do something for someone with whom I was a stranger before.

I think the key is to clearly define (in writing, even among friends) the expectations both parties have, and for BOTH parties to try to fulfill those expectations, and to be flexible enough to adapt to circumstances that may require some changes in plans.

Good luck on your decision, friendship, and Bon Voyage!

Steady,
You and I live in the same world. Very nicely said! Best, Rognvald
Old 17-11-2018, 16:35   #33

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44

Just noticed this thread is alive again.

For the record, I took the advice of those here and did NOT offer. It was a hard call. I would love to have helped but the advice given made sense.

As events transpired, I am glad I did not offer, but that stuff was unrelated to the gist of this thread.

The boat is still sitting there, waiting for a crew to take her home.

Sad.

Tags
charging, delivery