Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Dollars & Cents
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2013, 16:52   #1

Lets see those great deals or projects!!!

As a new sailor looking for my future sailboat, I am embarrassed to add up the hours combing yacthworld, CL, CF, sailboatlistings.com, etc. looking for deals.

I know from my readings on here I am not alone in this pursuit as there are plenty of shoppers on CF. Collectively we must be covering every nook and cranny of the "webosphere"

I know often I may see what appears to me a great boat and a great deal, but for some reason or another (geography, size, price) it does not fit my need/want.

I thought it would be nice to have a thread to post about these deals as it may be a perfect deal for another CF'er. As well as give the wiley old veterans a chance to chime in to offer if they feel the deal seems legit or may have a few kinks to worry about.

To start it off here is one I came across that seems like it is a good price on what appears to be a very well maintained cat 22. A little small for what I am looking for, but one of the best condition/price ratios I have seen in my area on a cat22. Especially if you could negotiate down a bit.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/3860551955.html

My inspiration for this thread came from the "cheap multihull project" thread which is awesome though I am not sure I want a multihull or an extensive project.

So if you've seen a great deal lets hear about it!

~J
phog007 is offline   Reply With Quote