Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-07-2016, 11:52   #31

Boat: Outbound 44
Re: Adventure Yachts brokerage experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
If it is true, why didn't you read the contract? Secondly, how do you know he wasn't BSing you about winning other claims? You should have challenged him and called his bluff.
Besides...he must be honest...he has religion on his side...
Adventure Yachts (Pompano Beach, FL)
What does this preaching have to do with listing a boat - bizarre.

OP, why would you sign a contract that does not represent your understanding of the agreement?
Old 23-07-2016, 12:04   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcesuenos View Post
My comment was "If the broker is indeed not a licensed broker "(pretty clear there) Any brokerage contract would be quite fraudulent and not valid, not to mention illegal and breaking state laws . Guess you missed that part?

Sent from my PLT1077G using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Nonsense.

Please cite the applicable law.
sailpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 12:13   #33

Boat: Reinke S10 & Raven 26
Send a message via Skype™ to grantmc

Getting ripped off by a christian, what a surprise. Just watch the Trinity Broadcast Network for 5 minutes if you want to see christians ripping people off big time.
Old 23-07-2016, 12:37   #34

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

I wonder if the broker has paid a royalty for the use of those photos on his website or did he just take them without permission.

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 12:46   #35

Boat: Catalina & Maycraft

Thanks for posting this about Cris Castles, owner of Adventure Yachts in Pompano Beach Florida. Very interesting.
Hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 12:54   #36

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbogie View Post
ha. and how would he prove fraud??? his testimony before a court that 'he said this before i signed that???' and then you suggest he now at least commits what may be libel and/or slander which could very well cost him even more????
I would agree with you about this boarders on libel. He needs to pay the reduced rate of $2500 and chalk it up to experience before getting sued.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 12:59   #37

Boat: Catalina & Maycraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
I would agree with you about this boarders on libel. He needs to pay the reduced rate of $2500 and caulk it up to experience before getting sued.

I would helpfully suggest the original poster speak to any lawyer if that should happen.

Everyone is entitled to state their opinion.
Hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 13:11   #38
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Seems as if he's licensed.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1469304663.948642.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	128261

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 13:20   #39

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardhead View Post
I would helpfully suggest the original poster speak to any lawyer if that should happen.

Everyone is entitled to state their opinion.
That is why we have freedom of speech. However it ends went it detrimental to someone, unless you are the press.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 13:33   #40

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipasgas1 View Post
I'm sorry if I've struck a nerve, Celestial...I'm sure you are a better person for not trusting anyone. Unfortunately, there are many people out there, like myself, who tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. Luckily, you are smarter than we and nothing will ever happen to you so kudos. Your opinion is that people who get taken deserve it and the folks who do the taking are free to continue and should not get blacklisted? That makes sense...If that is the case, it would appear your world is going along just fine because I got ended up paying and deserved it...someone else got paid and whether it was ethical or unethical, they deserved it. I hope your mother doesn't get scammed, you will be of no support whatsoever. Just tell her it was her fault and she deserved it because she can read and watch TV and should know better. As a matter of fact, look at all these idiots who got scammed by Madoff...what a bunch of uneducated idiots. By your analogy, they deserved it and Madoff should not be in jail... you're a genius!! Thanks for your valuable input...
Ya...go ahead and spin it as you struck a nerve with me or I don't trust anyone...nice try. So lets focus the light back on you. Go ahead and continue to "give people the benefit of the doubt" and then inquire how you can have them black listed. And I didn't say you deserved it. I said you didn't read the contract that you signed. as for my Mother, she is smart enough to ask her family their opinion. So there is another suggestion for you...ask some one if you're in doubt. Now with Madoff...people who got scammed were just greedy..and no...I'm not saying you;re greedy before you go for that judgment too.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 13:36   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
What does this preaching have to do with listing a boat - bizarre.

OP, why would you sign a contract that does not represent your understanding of the agreement?
Really?... you're unable to make that connection? And then your second sentence leans the same way...that's special
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 23-07-2016, 13:42   #42

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Really?... you're unable to make that connection? And then your second sentence leans the same way...that's special
CS,
Not sure I understand your point. My comment on biblical verses all over the brokers site was that I can't see why anyone would stick all that religious opinion on a boat listing a site. Just weird to me and enough for me to run from a broker like that.

The comment on the contract is obvious, isn' t it?
Old 23-07-2016, 13:43   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcesuenos View Post
I think Celestial was kidding about the religious part, If it's true and he is not a licensed broker I would take him to small!claims court for fraud. It won't cost you much and may be worth while. If not at least I would post your unfortunate event on every sailing forum out there, and craigslist under boats, and keep doing it.

Sent from my PLT1077G using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Yes, I was kidding but was also pointing out that the broker may have been a little odd putting that on a website in order to "look good" to others. But while in Fl. I did see my fair share of holy rollers. I agree that small claims is a way to "wrap things up" and move on. The problem with posting anywhere about the alleged incident, is it perpetuates ill feelings to ones self. Each time you do it, is like a tiny little bullet in a tiny little gun which we shoot ourselves with time and time again.
Old 23-07-2016, 13:44   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
CS,
Not sure I understand your point. My comment on biblical verses all over the brokers site was that I can't see why anyone would stick all that religious opinion on a boat listing a site. Just weird to me and enough for me to run from a broker like that.

The comment on the contract is obvious, isn' t it?
My bad Paul...I misunderstood. See post above.
Old 23-07-2016, 13:44   #45

He does seem to explain a little from the buyer/showing agreement. You don't see that kind of openness very often. (All caps). This is referring to his buying clients, not the sellers.

Adventure Yachts (Pompano Beach, FL)

Yea, you gotta read that contract, and in Latin America, and probably other parts of the world, a contract is not as strong as in the States.

Verbal means nothing here. I once had a neighbor say she would be willing to take care of my lawn while I was gone for $50 a month. (A very good wage here.) When I returned, her husband informed me that his wife cannot make deals, and I should have talked with him; and he now wanted $100 for the work that was done.

Education ain't cheap; pay your tuition, as you already have, and move up to the next grade.
cards26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, yacht