Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2021, 03:37   #1

Boat: O'day 322
Annapolis / Bay Bridge Boat Show

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but any suggestions for Mono and/or Cat dealers in Annapolis? I know the title here is the show itself, which we'll be attending, but they combined the spring sailboat show with the powerboat one, and the show looks more geared to the latter.

Any idea if we should expect all the local dealers to be in attendance, or if we should utilize our time there to introduce and talk to some dealers not at the show. Any thoughts or insight is appreciated as this will be our first time attending a proper boat show, and in Annapolis.

Thanks in advance!
Osh
Oshara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2021, 11:15   #2

Re: Annapolis / Bay Bridge Boat Show

Did you go? I've gone to the sailboat show a few times and loved it. I thought about the bay bridge show but the web-site never really showed much in the way of sailing. I decided to wait for the fall show, even though I was really looking forward to the Spring show this year.
ShinyHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2021, 13:29   #3

Boat: O'day 322

We did and had a great time! As you mentioned sailboats weren't the main theme there but all in all we saw 5 cats and probably 20ish sailboats. It was our first show so to us it was absolutely amazing. Plus talking to like minded people and getting a better feel as we go down our journey.

We're super excited for the fall show and if you end up going feel free to send a PM and hopefully we can meet up! Maybe we should start a thread as we get closer.
Oshara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 12:36   #4

I'm down for that!

I started a thread a few months ago to get some chatter going, but it didn't take hold. Probably too early but I was excited.

The Fall show is a bigger show than Spring so hopefully that one stays on the schedule. I like being able to see things, touch them and try them on before I buy so it's great for that. And I've gotten on some boats I've only ever seen on-line.

I hope fall is all sorted out by then!
ShinyHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 13:24   #5

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400

If you liked the spring show, especially for sailboats and sailing gear, it's but a tiny shadow of what the fall show normally is. If you're coming in from out of town for the fall show, I highly recommend booking a hotel room now as rooms in or close to downtown Annapolis book up quickly (and may already be at a premium). Short of COVID taking a truly disastrous turn (variants escaping the vaccines) this summer or fall, I think the chances of the fall show being cancelled or postponed again or even at reduced capacity are pretty much nil. Tickets are already on sale.
4arch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, boat, boat show