Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2015, 06:09   #1
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
Best package forwarding service in the US?

We live on an island between the Bahamas and Hispaniola. Been here ten years. Have been refurbing a 30 year old sailing catamaran now for over a year. I buy a lot of stuff from the USA. For a number of reasons that other expats will be well aware of ( No, Puerto Rico does not count) we use a package forwarding service in the USA. For about the past four years, I've been using a company called MyUS out of Sarasota. It was workable in the first couple of years, but for quite a while now they've been a massive PITA to deal with.

So now I'm looking for alternatives. Can any of you recommend a package consolidation and forwarding company in the US that you use a lot and are happy with? When I say use a lot, I mean that we are getting two to three Fed Ex shipments a week.

I'm familiar with St. Brendan's Isle, and have actually been to their facility several times. We bought this old boat in Jacksonville, and shipped some stuff to ourselves via SBI when we were getting the boat ready to bring it home. But we did not have an acct. with them. We used previous owners acct. and name.

St. Brendan's Isle strikes me more as a mail forwarder than a package handling operation. The one service that we do NOT need is mail forwarding. ( There's no mail delivery here, so we got used to living without mail long ago)
I need someone to receive, consolidate, and reship packages. Nothing else. SBI does have the Florida Resident stuff in hand, should we ever want to pretend to be Fl. residents, but at the moment I am hoping someone out there has a lead on an alternative to MyUS as a small package/courier handling service.

Any suggestions?

Tags
service