Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2020, 12:53   #1

I'm already doing it.

This is where it starts for me. I know I want to live out my days on a 30-40' monohull. I know this. I grew up on the coast of Oregon. I have experience on mono's although almost 30 yrs ago. I am nostalgic, I am rough...maybe a little to rough. The ocean demands a degree of that. I want East Coast waters...I want to depart for deep seas if I want. I desire older boats, I don't know why. Maybe it's because I want the vessel to rely on me, as much as my life depends on her. I want to purchase a livaboard that needs things done. A solid hull, a solid deck, solid mast, heavy keel. I will do the rest. An old girl with as much character as I have. I will live on it, I will bring it back to its bygone glory. I will see things, places, and people, that only a sailor can. I'm not going to do much questioning and how and where to buy cheap boats...they are a plenty. Free boats can be had, if there really is a free boat in the end. I will pay attention to the threads here. Most things have probably been said already. I am poetic, musical, full of light, and dark. I am different...but am I? I have inadvertently become a man with a skillset to make money wherever I am. I am a barber, a bartender, a woodworker, a jewelry maker, a cook, a dishwasher if I have to be with no qualms. This is the first I have put my thoughts on my future down. They are scrambled, but they are expressive of my intent. I feel empowered after doing so. If you made it to the end of my rambling. Thank you. Florida here I come.
T.M.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 13:13   #2
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: I'm already doing it.

Florida will be here