Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2020, 06:42   #121
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: La Vagabonde as celebrities

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12 View Post
I was pointing out a profile of person who is likely to deny climate science and feel anger towards Greta Thunberg. It is not ageist, racist nor sexist to do so. Nor is it insulting.
Personally I find Greta no different to La Vagabonde, or the Kardashians..
Her parents have found a plalform to fame and fortune for the family and are playing the game.
As for climate change.. The only thing the humanity can possibly control, albeit unlikely, is the pollution.
Controlling the climate however is purely an exercise for the super egos.
Its a process of planetary evolution plain and simple but hey.. Rail Away..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
Old 03-06-2020, 06:43   #122

Re: La Vagabonde as celebrities

Anyhoo, when you make a strong political statement, and you’re in the entertainment industry, there may be effects.

I’m guessing Reilly and Elayna know exactly who their target audience is, and are aware of what content they like.

They aren’t in the science business, they’re in the entertainment business.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:52   #123
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
There's plenty of information to support this. Do some reading on the subject and you'll see. Some interesting stuff on psychology today, for example. Once you realise this is true you'll realise it's not an ad hominem to talk about it.
A funny thing..
Most psychologists/psychiatrists have serious problems themselves..

Old 03-06-2020, 07:03   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn_Black View Post
I really can't stand either of them. Not my kind of people. Though I dislike 90% of people to some extent
A friend of mine always says that he really hates people... and since I'm a person, he hates me....

The whole YouTube thing is a mixed bag. Who gets paid and how much usually doesn't correlate to the value that they offer. Those who post instructional videos, which I've come to rely on, usually don't make anything. The lifestyle channels with the attractive women are very popular, and those which are just a cut above fratboy pranks but posting every other day, make millions.

Patrick Childress and his wife came down with Covid19. Patrick was in intensive care and nearly died. I haven't seen any recent updates, so I hope he is recovering. Rebecca's symptoms weren't as bad and local cruisers pitched in to keep her fed while she self quarantined on her boat. My understanding is that either they don't have insurance, or the insurance that they have isn't paying any of the bills. A friend started a GoFundMe page so people could help them out. They seem to be in a tough spot.

As for La Vagabond, I enjoyed them more before they got the catamaran. I totally get a young couple's obscession with their kids, but other than that cry in the intro (which I hate), I think they do a fair job of being entertaining... latest land based experience aside. I do appreciate how much work goes into their videos and the quality that they are able to maintain. A quick check of other channels tells that story.

A good example for contrast is Delos. I don't hate them but can't watch any more kid videos. What is the expression? "Jumped the shark" I think they are making the videos for themselves now. It is up to us whether we watch, which is fine.

The sailing videos are a nice way to escape however.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:54   #125

Boat: GibSea 472

I use to follow this family in their adventures. Not anymore. bit fedup of their uselessness and their 'mendicity'. Its becoming a bit a voyeur's activity. I'm interested in sailing topics, technics, adventures, but showing ass as a selling point, inventing false drama, and finaly showing off the success of their welfare demands is a bit disgusting. Good for them if they still find interested support, that let them have an significant income out of charities....
Old 03-06-2020, 07:57   #126
cruiser

Boat: OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee39 View Post
My way or the Highway.

In the same way that a Maths teacher is my way or the highway when explaining that 4 x 4 = 16. Yes. There's no room for feelings or opinions in facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Adeline View Post
You ignore hundreds of years of scientific research and insult others by calling THEM deniers??

You don't understand what science is actually saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Personally I find Greta no different to La Vagabonde, or the Kardashians..
Her parents have found a plalform to fame and fortune for the family and are playing the game.
As for climate change.. The only thing the humanity can possibly control, albeit unlikely, is the pollution.
Controlling the climate however is purely an exercise for the super egos.
Its a process of planetary evolution plain and simple but hey.. Rail Away..

No one is saying that we can, either. That's a straw man. We can, however, reduce our impact on it. And that's what is being proposed.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:06   #127

Boat: Amel 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
A funny thing..
Most psychologists/psychiatrists have serious problems themselves..
Spot on.
They are just as messed up as the rest of us, even more so. The reason they sought out the profession to begin with was a cry for help.

And isn't it rather interesting that leftards and authoritarian climate fascists in general, are now also trying to brand anyone who disagrees with their agenda and belief (religion rather at this point) as people with mental issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12
You don't understand what science is actually saying
Neither do you when you believe science deal in consensus. It doesn't.

The argument is against claims that says man has a major effect on it, the argument is against claims that says climate change is man made.

The science is highly debated about man made climate change since it has been discovered that the historical data has been "modified" to fit the narrative of global warming. Global warming which (when that didn't work out for em) changed into climate change instead. You know, a more vague term since that covers all the bases, so to speak.

Page 8 post #120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp12
It seems you guys aren't going to bring the level up, unsurprisingly, and I'm not interested in where you're taking this thread so I'll leave you to it.
Welcome back.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:19   #128

Boat: Amel 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCrab View Post
Patrick Childress and his wife came down with Covid19. Patrick was in intensive care and nearly died. I haven't seen any recent updates, so I hope he is recovering. Rebecca's symptoms weren't as bad and local cruisers pitched in to keep her fed while she self quarantined on her boat. My understanding is that either they don't have insurance, or the insurance that they have isn't paying any of the bills. A friend started a GoFundMe page so people could help them out. They seem to be in a tough spot.
I recently discovered his channel and I found lots of value there, I hope he makes a full recovery.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:30   #129

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Der Beek View Post
Spot on.
And isn't it rather interesting that leftards and authoritarian climate fascists in general, are now also trying to brand anyone who disagrees with their agenda and belief (religion rather at this point) as people with mental issues.

Neither do you when you believe science deal in consensus. It doesn't.
It has always been thus. From Galileo to Lysenkoism.
Old 03-06-2020, 08:50   #130
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
You don't understand what science is actually saying.
No one is saying that we can, either. That's a straw man. We can, however, reduce our impact on it. And that's what is being proposed.
Of course you are saying we can.. but we Must Change Our Ways to achieve it and we only have 11 Years Left or We Are Doomed.
From my perspective nothing is being done other than fear mongering and even more taxation on an already overtaxed general population..
Phoney programs like Carbon Credits which if anything increases world pollution while waving the XR Flag.. Total BS.
Stop destroying the rain forests for gold, beef and palm oil.. reforest the Himalayas and other ranges to stop erosion and begin to recreate the natural fertilisation of the plains.. there's lots of other sensible things in natural science that could be done.. Oh.!!!
And Stop Producing Plastic.
But the above does not suit the $$$ Agenda..

Old 03-06-2020, 08:52   #131

Boat: Beneteau 38 Nordlund 72, Marquess 55, Jenneau 49

WOW! I just wanted to make a simple post that i will Patreon a couple until they are making $1000 a video. (probably at least 2K a month) But it looks like somewhere in the 10 pages of this that it got turned into another GW thread. Is it ever possible to stick to the OP statement.

PS. I followed SLV pretty much until they picked up the cat. Then it got a bit too refined for my liking but I am sure others love it so why not let them enjoy it?
Old 03-06-2020, 09:10   #132
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmika View Post
WOW! I just wanted to make a simple post that i will Patreon a couple until they are making $1000 a video. (probably at least 2K a month) But it looks like somewhere in the 10 pages of this that it got turned into another GW thread. Is it ever possible to stick to the OP statement.

PS. I followed SLV pretty much until they picked up the cat. Then it got a bit too refined for my liking but I am sure others love it so why not let them enjoy it?
Very rarely.. Its a lively forum thank the gods..

Old 03-06-2020, 11:02   #133

Boat: Oyster 49

I too have given up on Delos

I have transferred my Patreon to Leo who is restoring Tally Ho. As the youngsters say --- Awesome

Beware the videos are addictive

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-...hBnDSay7nmphUA

TS
Old 03-06-2020, 12:10   #134

Boat: J/34c, B&B Spindrift 11N

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCrab View Post
<snip>
A good example for contrast is Delos. I don't hate them but can't watch any more kid videos. What is the expression? "Jumped the shark" I think they are making the videos for themselves now. It is up to us whether we watch, which is fine.

The sailing videos are a nice way to escape however.
The funny thing is that Delos originally started making the videos for friends and family. It seems to have gone full circle.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:23   #135

Regarding SLV, when it first came out I watched a few videos but never contributed. I supported their lifestyle and endeavors....more power to them...

Though, I met them at the Annapolis Sailboat show and met a person that was working on their PR/ investment program...Now, this was a few years back I think before they got involved with Outremer... I still have the 10-15 page "deck" they were presenting to prospective advertisers...Don't kid yourself, this was about the money as soon as they saw it could work.

Regarding Greta -- Let me ask you something... As an adult male, could I date Greta and have sex with her when she was being paraded around the UN a few years ago as a speaker? I mean as a 15 yo girl, is that ok? If not, why not? I presume the same people that want me to listen to a 15yo girl with autism and was suicidal are now having a heart attack that I would make such a statement. But, my point is, there is a reason we have an age of consent. And, for the same reasons I don't appreciate a political agenda to parade someone with a clear lack of knowledge and experience in front of me only because she believes in their narrative... AND before you go claiming that I don't understand the science, I should caution you that I have a non-profit dedicated to the oceans and how they pertain to the climate change and rising waters, etc...So, don't label me as a denier....You're only going to make yourself look stupid....I have a lot of time on my hands to read the scientific journals and discuss with researchers, and while some things can be claimed with certainty, climate change isn't one of them...If there is one thing I've learned while I've self-funded my projects is how the economic component rears it's head even into charities and non-profits...I witnessed it at the State level in Florida dealing with the algae blooms and the agencies "towing the line" as they didn't want to lose grant money...At the global level it's far more than you can imagine... Now, I have no interest in dating Greta, or anyone at her age, but I don't get my science information from them either..
Closed Thread