Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2014, 17:54   #1

Looking for owners of GLOBE 38, 44. Bill Garden SEAL 37

Hello all,
I just created a yahoo group GLOBE YACHTS to try to connect anyone owning or sailing a GLOBE 38, 44 or WIlliam Garden SEAL 37 ( wood boat) The globe is the fiberglass version of the SEAL all made in Taiwan.
Late 70s-80s. I own a Globe 38 Cutter rig, but there was also the pilothouse Ketch version as well.
My boat was a odd one being made by Gold Island Yachts in Taiwan in 81 but off the Globe Molds.
Same boat, just different deck layout and portlights as ours was a custom order.
With all those yards long closed, its hard to get information about out wonderful heavy cruising vessels.
Please come join our group if own or know someone who does own one.
Thank you.
Capt. Andrea Bush ( Andy)
CaptAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 10:12   #2
cruiser

Re: Looking for owners of GLOBE 38, 44. Bill Garden SEAL 37

Hello, I'm about to buy '81 Globe 38.
Please help me, to point me on what to look for, when I'm inspecting it. Boat is "on otside" good looking, Gelcoat is in good shape, no blisters, no osmosis. There was teak deck removed and glassed ower (not profesionally made). At the end of month I'n going to visit and inspect the boat, so I'll be happy of any sugestion. If you can send me some interior plans-pictures, so I can be prepared what I will see than. Thanks, Boris
gb_planki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2015, 11:50   #3

Boat: Globe, cutter/ketch,38
Re: Looking for owners of GLOBE 38, 44. Bill Garden SEAL 37

I own a 79 Globe 38. Pics are on the web site below. Very heavy boats for their size. Mine is a cutter - ketch rig with a tiller. I neglected her and am in the final stages of a major refit for re-launch this year.

I get the impression that they are all one off's and therefor all different, at least the ones I have seen. Very well built with 3/4 inch fiberglass hull. As Andrea pointed out go the the Yahoo group.

Dale