Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2016, 06:26   #1

Boat: 2005 Hunter 33
Marine Electrician?

I have some problems with my boats electrical system. I tried doing a web search for a "marine electrician" and came up with a lot of not pertinent stuff. Can anyone recommend a qualified marine electrician in the Middle River area of the Chesapeake Bay? I have a problem with the interior light breaker not staying on, probably a short somewhere. And my battery switch is not letting the starting battery feed through. If I put the switch to Batt 1 I can't start the engine...no juice at all. If in "both" it does pull from the start battery. I know this because I had the boat on a mooring for a week and when I tried to start the boat while in "both" mode there wasn't enough juice. I also tried Batt 1 and Batt 2, but nothing. I decided to replace the starting battery as it was old. I put the new battery in. Set the battery switch to Batt 1 and got absolutly nothing. I tried Batt 2 thinking perhaps the switch was mislabeled and there was not enough juice to start. Used "both" and the engine fired right up!
jackjb53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 06:51   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
Re: Marine Electrician?

Try sending a pm to btrayfors. He may be able to help you.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 09:39   #3

Boat: Hylas 49
Re: Marine Electrician?

MALLARD MARINE SERVICES

Does good work for a fair price.
TheOffice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, marine