Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 20:03   #121

Boat: AHD windsurfer :p
Re: Missing Children on Sailboat

if the parents have had an injustice done to them wouldn't their best bet now be movie rights and becoming celebrities?
Old 12-04-2013, 20:18   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparau
if the parents have had an injustice done to them wouldn't their best bet now be movie rights and becoming celebrities?
Yes, but that is only after the planned prison break and a second, more successful reabduction of the kids and the smuggling to a different third world country where they can finally come out of hiding...
mrlassiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 20:22   #123
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheroad View Post
I was in foster homes from about 1981 at about 11 years old for 4 years, in one home we smoked pot and stayed up late nights drinking hard liquor while the oldest boy was having sex with the foster mother, another home the foster father had a bad temper and hit a couple kids and broke things sometimes blaming us for the broken doors etc to the home director, and the last one that I'll mention was a very religious husband wife doo gooders foster home, mind you the home was a State funded home and we were forced to their church about 3 times weekly and coersed to convert. The foster mother used to talk to me about performing oral sex, she was having sex with this one boy in the home (there were 3 of us), he was in there because he was sexually abused by his family members and was a real emotional mess. I saw this boy about 10 years later selling his body on the streets of Buffalo, NY for crack cocaine.
I was a tough kid in group homes and detention centers so I never had any problems and only a few fights with fellow housemates although some were there for things like stabbing their school teachers etc. They let me out at 16 in 1985 because I became and expectant father, we had the child, then got married when I was old enough and had a second child. They are 27 and 24 both are sound adults with bachelors degrees and careers. We divorced years ago.
The reason my parents took me to court and New York State was awarded custody of me was because I ran awaw from home a couple times. My parents consulted a catholic charities counselor, this lady strongly suggested that I was headed in a bad direction and needed help greater than my parents could manage. My parents (mom and step dad) were dumb and are still dumb and ignorant, my natural father drank himself to death when I was 16 years old after meeting my firstborn child and after hitting on my wife (alchoholics and womanizing often go together).

Anyway, I have strong feelings for this young family and the foster care situation.
I feel for the dad, mom and children.
I also sense that the parents may have had a troubled youth, the family unity may be all that the parents have ever known and possibly the only stability they have ever known in their life.

I have felt feelings similar to this father.
That sounds like a beatup way to have to experiance early-mid childhood ..Sounds as thou it made you strong,what with raising kids that got a good education and all,Im sure you are proud of them and yourself..Alcoholic,drunk,kid & women beating sonsabitchs need to be beat themselves,of course that might be whats wrong with them,they were beat themselves,like the other guy said "whatever"..Mean people suck...
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 08:28   #124

Boat: Sabre 28

What could go wrong when the state takes care of children?
Trials set for 2 NC social workers accused of obstructing justice in probe of toddler's death | StarTribune.com
When people become foster parents for the money it should give you serious pause.
jeanathon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
children, sailboat