Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2023, 21:06   #46
JPK

Re: Not right now...

It is sometimes difficult to put current events into perspective, but by pretty much any account we live in relatively peaceful times.

War in the Middle East has been happening for thousands of years. Ditto in Europe, and Asia (and everywhere, for that matter.) Would I recommend cruising in Israel at the moment? probably not. Would I hunker down in a bunker with an AR15 and a lifetime supply of peanut butter and wait for the end-times? Maybe it's me but that seems like a little bit of an overreaction. With a little common sense on where specifically one goes, there are many, many beautiful and peaceful places in the world.

My parents (in their 80's) spend the majority of their day planted in front of the television watching the news. Every time I speak with them they recount all the horrible things going on in the world and the stress in their voices is palpable. I have to constantly remind them to turn the TV off and go out in the yard and get a breath of fresh air.

Old 12-10-2023, 02:15   #47

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: Not right now...

Sorry, guys, but the world situation is a bit out of hand at the moment, and this is a sailing an cruising forum. The thread is closed for now.

Ann
JPACate