Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2024, 13:01   #1
dlj

Boat: Belliure 41
Pam Wall passing

Pam Wall has taken her last sail into the sunset. I'm very saddened, she helped me get my boat ready to sail and was an amazing human being.

I just read the following on John Kretschmers face book page:

It’s a sad day for sailors around the world. Pam Wall Pam Wall Cruising and Sailing Consulting Pamela Wall passed last night. There was nobody like Pam, she was an inspiration to countless sailors, including me. Through many presentations, lectures, and consultations, Pam shared her passion for cruising and her unrivaled knowledge of how to prepare your boat for voyaging, but that was only part of her message. It was her zest for life, a life filled with adventure, curiosity, kindness and love that I will most remember.
Pam, her late husband Andy, and two children Sammy and Jamie, sailed around the world from 1985 to 1991. I attended Pam’s boat show talks so many times that I can still picture her slides of Sammy and Jammie aboard Kandarik, with joy on their faces as they romped on deck or rowed the dinghy through lush tropical anchorages. Pam was devoted to her family and shared their travels with enthusiasm and humor but also with a quiet confidence that inspired others that maybe, just maybe they could also sail off.
I met Pam and Andy in Fort Lauderdale, not long after they returned from their circumnavigation. The day they gave me a tour of Kandarik is etched in my memory. Andy built the boat in Fort Lauderdale but « home built » was not even close to describing Kandarik. A highly customized Freya 39, the boat was a proper sea boat, ingeniously thought out and absolutely shipshape. Pam and I crossed wakes many times, at West Marine where she helped me prepare for my many voyages, and at boat shows, Pam was a friend you could always count on. It was an honor when she agreed to give presentations at my workshops.

dj
dlj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 01:06   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Pam Wall passing

I'm so very saddened.
She [& Andy] were great & wonderful people.
Pam Wall:
A Biography ➥ https://www.pamwall.com/biography/
Reminiscing on a Life at Sea ➥ https://youtu.be/XWuqGRdW1g4

Andrew Wall Dies Suddenly ➥ https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...tml#post213993

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote