Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2022, 09:18   #16

Boat: Lagoon 380
Problems with Catamarans

Ok, so basically lifted as much as possible,and roll the dink so the keel sorta points aft.
On the escape hatch. Were they Lewmar opening type with 4 dogs?
team karst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 09:18   #17

Boat: Trident marine Voyager 30
Re: Problems with Catamarans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Force 7 & 8 winds may not be categorized as “storms”, but they do bring out the “gale” warning flags.

This is getting a bit absurd but a F8 brings out a gale warning flag with 2 flags but an F7(mean wind speed of at least 28 knots) brings out a small craft advisory with one red flag! The same flag is used for a F6, strong breeze.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 09:36   #18

Boat: Leopard Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by team karst View Post
Ok, so basically lifted as much as possible,and roll the dink so the keel sorta points aft.
On the escape hatch. Were they Lewmar opening type with 4 dogs?

No they were the cheap ones with the plastic latches.

I put on my annual maintenance list to disassemble, and reseal.
capn_billl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 11:35   #19

Boat: Reinke S10 & Raven 26
Send a message via Skype™ to grantmc

tI read your post with much interest Capn Bill, thank you. But you know, at the end of the day, wonderful as she sounds from your magnificent narrative, your boat has one single inherent failure, that no amount of wall paper can paste over; she is still a Cat.

Many mono owners view Cat owners as having similar cognitive bias as do flat earthers. At bars and dinners in saloons, secretly and out of ear shot of any cat owners, well we mono lovers all make jokes and chuckle about Cats, say things like pigs and lipstick. Just joking!

Will your post take this long long controversy of mono vs multi off of the Cruising Forums list of never ending debate? Perhaps.

Even more importantly will there now be a conversion? I foresee that throughout the weekend, all over the world Boat Shops and Brokers too will absolutely be inundated with us Mono owners wanting to trade in our vessels for a leaky Cat.

To confess the absolute truth, as I pen this little post, where I am, it is coming up to 0700, Friday morning, and already I can see a queue formed outside a Broker's office in close proximity. Some may have been there all night.

What they all do share are printed copies of your post Capn Bill. When I walked over to ask why they were lined up (I thought perhaps another Mantus promotion) a chap with a wet bum handed me a sheet. The office doesn't usually open till 0900. But the entire marina will soon see the light, the sun comes up in about another 30 minutes.

Certainly your post will forever be quoted whenever some newb joins Cruiser Forum asking the question, Cat or Mono?; No question Newb, here's the proof Newb! (and all mono aficionados), the good, no no, the best cruising life can, and will be had in a multihulll, you just need faith, plus, Bill said so, end of thread, end of story.

I see film rights, I see books, I see radio and TV news interviews. Capn Bill's post is the opiate for the Mono masses.

Tags
catamaran