Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2017, 04:35   #121

Boat: Pearson 33-2
Re: Who are your favourite boat bloggers / vloggers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartind View Post
I was never able to get full engaged in SLV, I think their videos are good and I think they are both entertaining just never committed to staying up to date with them. I don't think their subscriptions will be negatively effected by the new boat. They, just like all of them have to keep it fresh, and that will be the challenge.

I agree that these vlogs will make cruising popular, not sure overly but then again I hope more people especially Americans would engage that life style. I think at the end of the day more and more people will watch the vlogs and dream but people seem to rarely move forward with these kinds of dreams. It is easier to watch someone else live your dream than work to live it yourself. Only time will tell but in my opinion more is better, I personally hope it will help protect out seas as people began to capture their beauty.
You're probably right..... My predictions are likely jaded by my personal experiences of dreaming of sunshine and rainbows, and waking to flat tires, dead batteries, help that called in sick, help whose girlfriend is in my office asking for bail money for future former employee, etc. On the boating side, there will always be a fixed percentage of azz hats to make life difficult on the rest of us.
We have plans, for a 45' ish sailing cat in the next 7 or so years. I say plans instead of dreams, because we are pretty good at sticking to the program around here. I suppose we are dreamers, but we've lived most of what we've dreamed. We are lowly houseboaters for now, and I can tell you that the increased popularity of boat ownership has not made my boating experiences better. It used to be that we could boat over to the Sunset Grill for a sundowner, but with the kids these days getting loaded and driving into rocks and killing people, it's best to not make those trips anymore. (I'm not interested in jail, or the morgue)
I do hope that you are spot on about protecting our seas. The lake we boat on is really clean compared to most, but I still fill a garbage bag every morning on my first cup of coffee walk.
I suppose we will keep watching everyone's vlog when we get the chance. I really do enjoy them all.
Old 22-03-2017, 19:41   #122
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Too many and they’re all for sale

Great thread! I was just recommended:

Sophisticated Lady

By someone who's boat in selling. Awesome guy, I'll probably be crewing on his boat a fair amount. Love the vlogs they've got my girlfriend interested in cruising [emoji7]

Feel free to ask me about actual full service brokerage for only 7% with Knot 10 Yacht Sales - find me on our crew page, Spencer Kent
FutureStories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 05:47   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureStories View Post
Great thread! I was just recommended:

Sophisticated Lady

By someone who's boat in selling. Awesome guy, I'll probably be crewing on his boat a fair amount. Love the vlogs they've got my girlfriend interested in cruising [emoji7]
Everytime I need a laugh, I watch his video, "Ode to the credit card captains". A classic.
Old 25-03-2017, 18:36   #124

Boat: Gamelin 37
Who are your favourite boat bloggers / vloggers?

I like the Untie the Lines episodes, educational and a good vibe.
A blatant self promotion - we just made our first VLOG - our new boat is called Chuffed (for the non Aussies/Englishman out there it means content) so we've called it Chuffed Adventures. Trying to put a different spin on it as it's half sailing and half me doing volunteer vet work. It's been fun putting them together so will see how it goes.
If you want to have watch I've included the link [emoji4]
VetTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 19:05   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetTails View Post
If you want to have watch I've included the link

I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing it.
dennismckim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 04:10   #126

Boat: 2008 Jeanneau 42 DS

Hello Everyone,

We are Ace and Tee. We are newbie sailors traveling the Caribbean. We also have two beautiful puppies, Bailey Sue and Lana del Rey. We have created a Vlog Sailing Baylana, where we share our Good times, Bad times and the Ugly times. Please take a second and check us out at Youtube/Fastlink or search for Sailing Baylana.

Thank you.

Ace and Tee
Sailing Baylana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 12:22   #127
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 423

We strive to "keep it real" by showing not only the beautiful sunsets and clear waters, but also the difficulties that we face on the day to day by cruising on our Beneteau 423 sailboat. We have several thousand followers and we're doing our best to maintain our consistency by posting one video per week.

Let us know what you think! https://www.youtube.com/couchsailors
Old 30-03-2017, 23:05   #128

Boat: Plan Joubert 21
Send a message via Skype™ to ProjectManaia

While we are strictly not only sailing cruising we are doing weekly vlogs as well, explaining daytoday life as a research team on board a sailboat. Kinda qualifies i hope....
Anyways, weekly updates and some simple marine biology lessons are here if you want to check it out
Www.youtube.com/c/projectmanaia
ProjectManaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 03:28   #129

Boat: Tanzer 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoloSF View Post
We strive to "keep it real" by showing not only the beautiful sunsets and clear waters, but also the difficulties that we face on the day to day by cruising on our Beneteau 423 sailboat. We have several thousand followers and we're doing our best to maintain our consistency by posting one video per week.

One my new favorites. Keep on trucking.
NoahTreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 04:58   #130

Boat: Oyster 45

When we set off living aboard and sailing some years ago there were no real vloggers and those who lived aboard were mainly retired. Blogs were used to inform family of where you were and what you had been up to.
Now the world of vloggers has exploded and many young couples are doing it as a lifestyle and making some money. Good for them I say and power to them.
As for the rest of us living aboard watching these videos are difficult because the internet is either expensive or we have to watch it in bars (which I never object to).
Some I have seen are very good and portray this lifestyle where as others are made just to get viewers and an income.
One day we may join the video revolution but until then we will just carry on blogging.
Https://www.cygnus3.com
Old 31-03-2017, 13:50   #131

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time

Most of these vlogs could be filed under "how not to purchase a boat" heading. Wow, the exuberance of youth and the horrible mistakes they make in buying boats.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 15:15   #132

Boat: Morgan Out Island 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
Everytime I need a laugh, I watch his video, "Ode to the credit card captains". A classic.
SSL is decent, but I stopped watching them because for a "Professional" his audio levels are always way out of wack! The content is good, but I got tired of watching the videos and contastantly adjusting the audio levels to compensate for the really loud music , then really soft speaking sections.

Sailboatstory is currently my favorite at the moment. I like their quirky style and very "real" adventures.
pcmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 15:47   #133

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrodamus View Post
When we set off living aboard and sailing some years ago there were no real vloggers and those who lived aboard were mainly retired. Blogs were used to inform family of where you were and what you had been up to.
Now the world of vloggers has exploded and many young couples are doing it as a lifestyle and making some money. Good for them I say and power to them.
As for the rest of us living aboard watching these videos are difficult because the internet is either expensive or we have to watch it in bars (which I never object to).
Some I have seen are very good and portray this lifestyle where as others are made just to get viewers and an income.
One day we may join the video revolution but until then we will just carry on blogging.
Https://www.cygnus3.com
I meandered through your blog today. You are quite the creative and humorous writer I had tears rolling on my cheeks from laughter from your description of "Preparing for the life aboard". Love your humor! Thanks!
Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 16:15   #134
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
Most of these vlogs could be filed under "how not to purchase a boat" heading. Wow, the exuberance of youth and the horrible mistakes they make in buying boats.
Yes....I remember making all those mistakes myself.....best years of my life[emoji106]
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 16:22   #135
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoloSF View Post

Have just watched a few and really enjoyed them....like that you don't sugar coat the experience.

Fair winds and let me know if you are heading to the Philippines
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote