Re: Yacht Zatara Arrvies in Fiji

Hint, what is this thread about?
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 07:23   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
Ignorant cruisers who don't care about rules, laws or anything in between if it makes them uncomfortable.

How'd I do?
NaClyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 07:30   #33

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaClyDog View Post
Ignorant cruisers who don't care about rules, laws or anything in between if it makes them uncomfortable.

How'd I do?
Thankfully, you and in fact all the members on CF follow the forum rules to the letter, don't you.

Now to bring it back on track:

With the Southern Winter approaching at least Zatara are safely tucked up somewhere warm and safe rather than some desolate coral reef 500 miles from nowhere.
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 15:03   #34

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Today's Headline... 'Minerva Bugle'

'With the southern winter almost over Youtube Celebs quit safe haven of New Zealand....dubbed 'most boring place on planet'.. and arrive in Fiji 90 days before start of cyclone season'

In other news..'All other nations in SW pacific including Australia and NZ most likely keeping borders closed beyond end of year'.
Old 23-07-2020, 15:37   #35

Boat: Island Packet 40

Quote:
It's about the usual uninformed speculation we all indulge ourselves in on these subjects.

Good work Zatara, you can now do your quarantine then spend a few bucks to help folks who are heavily reliant in tourism for their daily bread.
RaymondR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 18:20   #36

That's right, when this years death rate data is the same or lower than the previous 4-7 years of data (as is being shown for virtually all EU countries right now) then we will all be able to agree that Covid 19 was no more lethal than the Flu and didn't justify any of the authoritarian measures being imposed by local and federal governments...

Quote:
If following logic was a thing, the covid mess wouldn't be what it is today in some places.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swiss.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	219854  
Westcliffe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 20:14   #37

Quote:
It should be about this quote from the Port Denarau Marina Chief Executive Officer Cynthia Rasch:

Quote:
Ms Rasch said Zatara followed the process of their departure from NZ.

“They will send it prior to their arrival and that was already getting confirmed when they left NZ, they followed and they were already given the OK by the border agency,” she said.
Let the crow eating begin ...
NPCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 22:31   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPCampbell View Post
c'mon, do you really think thats going to happen? all those who ordered the crow are probably still convinced they were right.
jstrru402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 23:05   #39

If they arrived on the 11th then they arrived 6 days before the first arrival under the countries 'Blue Lane' protocols..
https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/...ji-s-blue-lane
https://www.fijitimes.com/yacht-arrives-in-fiji/

Meanwhile the Fiji Sun sees things differently..
https://www.facebook.com/fijisun/posts/3281617015223888

It seems that despite what the government was and still is saying ( page 25 onwards https://www.mcttt.gov.fj/doc_uploads...0Framework.pdf ) early arrivals were accepted..

Pushing one's luck sometimes succeeds .. and when one has already been emboldened by their Great Barrier Island experience then why not....
Old 24-07-2020, 04:04   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
Pushing one's luck sometimes succeeds .. and when one has already been emboldened by their Great Barrier Island experience then why not....

So my original hunch from the other thread was mostly correct. No ramifications save a slap on the wrist. In this case, the last on the wrist was a quarantine at anchor.

I guess we just have to wait and see if they will end up over staying their welcome there as well.
NaClyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2020, 14:34   #41

Quote:
So my original hunch from the other thread was mostly correct. No ramifications save a slap on the wrist. In this case, the last on the wrist was a quarantine at anchor.

I guess we just have to wait and see if they will end up over staying their welcome there as well.
They weren't the only ones behaving badly on Great Barrier in April when NZ was under hard lockdown... and government ministers ( rather ironic... the minister for health) were getting sacked for not following the rules and thinking they were just for the poor people....

Lots of others involved , mainly kiwis I imagine. Enough to gain the attention of national media.
Just two examples...
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12320541

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ties-on-shores

It was enough to have a police boat sent over from the mainland to have a chat with people on boats.
Major difference ... of all the boats there I think Zatara was the only one to go public with their views and actions with a facebook entry re their world view and I think youtube ep 109 which shoes them tramping far and wide around the island while the rest of the country was restricted to a walk around the block.
Note : I don't follow them on youtube...watched one about a Panama Canal transit a while back when looking for info.. about the only thing I watch on a regular basis on youtube is Fox news...... .... .... ....

Off topic....Speaking of which I am having trouble with Youtube these days ...90% of the time getting an error message....anyone else in straya or unzud having probs? I'm rural and on the Skymuster sat service...

Meanwhile the lockdown rules in April in simple people speak https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/24-...n-new-zealand/
It seems to have worked.....
Old 24-07-2020, 14:38   #42

Quote:
Off topic....Speaking of which I am having trouble with Youtube these days ...90% of the time getting an error message....anyone else in straya or unzud having probs? I'm rural and on the Skymuster sat service...

Meanwhile the lockdown rules in April in simple people speak https://thespinoff.co.nz/society/24-...n-new-zealand/
It seems to have worked.....
Me too. Turning off my adblocker worked.
Old 24-07-2020, 15:30   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPCampbell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrru402 View Post
c'mon, do you really think thats going to happen? all those who ordered the crow are probably still convinced they were right.
Quote:
So my original hunch from the other thread was mostly correct.
like I said. literally the people who decide if the rules were broken say they were not, yet the mouth (breathers) frothers persist. some are just perpetually upset about something (everything).
Old 24-07-2020, 16:12   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrru402 View Post
like I said. literally the people who decide if the rules were broken say they were not, yet the mouth (breathers) frothers persist. some are just perpetually upset about something (everything).
No... the rules were broken.... the authorities have decided not to make an example of the queue jumpers...is all.

Same as on GBI the NZP decided to simply warn not fine....
Old 24-07-2020, 21:00   #45

Quote:
No... the rules were broken.... the authorities have decided not to make an example of the queue jumpers...is all.

Same as on GBI the NZP decided to simply warn not fine....
you just can't take that youre wrong:

"Ms Rasch said Zatara followed the process of their departure from NZ.

“They will send it prior to their arrival and that was already getting confirmed when they left NZ, they followed and they were already given the OK by the border agency,” she said."

im trying to think of an equivalent that you can follow...

the road is closed one door down from your house, you ask the officer who has the road closed if its ok for you to pass and go 20 feet into the closure and he allows you to do so. in your mind the world just came to an end.

Tags
sail, sailing