Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2009, 09:05   #46
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBEmerson View Post
US3GC02M/US3GC02M.000 seems to be the victim.

I tried opening the error report file but couldn't extract it in plain text.
Thanks!

Does it also crash if you add this chart's directory individually?
brak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 09:17   #47

Boat: Baba 35 - One With The Wind
Well, I'll be dipped! So it does!. I'll blow out ENC_ROOT and try this one again.
RBEmerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 09:27   #48

Boat: Le Zephyr, MacGregor 26M
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty View Post
Download AVG Free edition. Keep them updated and you shouldn't have to worry about to much.
AVG That's what I use and have had no virus etc. issues . The computor store in town advised me to use this free protection rather than the one I was paying for.
Q1
Québec 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 09:31   #49
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBEmerson View Post
Well, I'll be dipped! So it does!. I'll blow out ENC_ROOT and try this one again.
Would you mind sending me a copy of that chart? Zip the individual directory with that cell alone (unless you already deleted it). The easiest way to send it is probably through attachment to a post or private message here.

While there may be something wrong with a chart, the application should obviously never crash - there has to be a graceful way of handling it.
Old 14-02-2009, 15:58   #50

You've got mail!
Old 17-02-2009, 14:35   #51

Boat: Allied Princess 36'
brak--have a bone to pick with you. I tried to download your program today and couldn't. I could not download it because a program I have that prevents SPYWARE from being installed on my computer. It stopped the download before the Trojan download could complete! It has managed to install a completion downloader which keeps trying to finish the download. I have visited 2 sites today this one and yours. You might want to check the integerty of your site. I am now going to shut down and search for the Downloader. Everyone else--if you are hearing multiple mouse clicks and it's not you-- run some anti-spyware--SuperAntiSpyware and Spyware Blaster are free and can be found with a search. brak again,someone may be piggybacked to your site!
Martinini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 15:42   #52

Problem not seen here and directed scans turn up nothing.
Old 17-02-2009, 15:44   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinini View Post
brak--have a bone to pick with you. I tried to download your program today and couldn't. I could not download it because a program I have that prevents SPYWARE from being installed on my computer. It stopped the download before the Trojan download could complete! It has managed to install a completion downloader which keeps trying to finish the download. I have visited 2 sites today this one and yours. You might want to check the integerty of your site. I am now going to shut down and search for the Downloader. Everyone else--if you are hearing multiple mouse clicks and it's not you-- run some anti-spyware--SuperAntiSpyware and Spyware Blaster are free and can be found with a search. brak again,someone may be piggybacked to your site!
Since I was the one that originally said this was ok, I just went back and downloaded the newest version. Before that though I updated everything I have on my system that doesn't normally update on its own.

I ran it through AVG, AntiVir and an online scanner, HouseCall, neither of those three found anything. As well, Spywareblaster, Adaware and Spybot didn't find anything either. Spybot is admittedly still running but I doubt it will find anything as all of the other should have if there was anything there.

I am curious what program found this and what the trojans name was. There are no activeX objects or anything funky in their code at all, that I can find. You could have picked up timed release trojan somewhere else I was reading an article about them the other day they are running rampant right now. Hell Microsoft has even put a bounty on the head of one worm developer, it has gotten so bad.
twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 17:22   #54

OK just finished. Downloader trojan-didn't really look at it-just hit Delete. Super Antispyware found it. No it wasn't here as a time release either as I shut off Sys Restore yesterday and used Eraser to overwrite all unused space on my HD and then reactivated system restore. I never completed a download of their software because AVG and Super Antispyware poped up alerts! Had a virus destroy my HD about a year ago and am now gun-shy. Didn't know you could run something through Spyware Blaster, my freeware version just runs in the background. Not sure what happened and don't care---solved my problem, warned others, take it for what you will! My nephew who works for Microsoft as a programmer says this is not unusual to see a piggyback of a site for an hour, a day, or week and than skip to another. Just be as careful as you can. Oh yeah twisty have you ever tried to delete Spybot from your system? And I mean completly. I don't expect anyone to take anything I say at face value--Research yourself and I mean well and than make your own mind up.
Old 17-02-2009, 18:08   #55

Quote:
OK just finished. Downloader trojan-didn't really look at it-just hit Delete. Super Antispyware found it. No it wasn't here as a time release either as I shut off Sys Restore yesterday and used Eraser to overwrite all unused space on my HD and then reactivated system restore. I never completed a download of their software because AVG and Super Antispyware poped up alerts! Had a virus destroy my HD about a year ago and am now gun-shy. Didn't know you could run something through Spyware Blaster, my freeware version just runs in the background. Not sure what happened and don't care---solved my problem, warned others, take it for what you will! My nephew who works for Microsoft as a programmer says this is not unusual to see a piggyback of a site for an hour, a day, or week and than skip to another. Just be as careful as you can. Oh yeah twisty have you ever tried to delete Spybot from your system? And I mean completly. I don't expect anyone to take anything I say at face value--Research yourself and I mean well and than make your own mind up.
You can't run it through Spyware Blaster but the newest version does not just block sites that are known for spyare, it also blocks malicious dll, ocx and other files.

Yes I have tried to remove spybot, uninstall it, open regedit, remove the registry entries and restart. There may be more to it but it has been years since I have had to remove it so I am working off older memories here. The newest version isn't anywhere near as difficult as that from what I can tell.

I have never heard of Super Anti Spyware but fro a quick search it looks like it seeks out malware as well, the same thing AVG does, please be careful running 2 malware programs, they will conflict and it will result in diminished effectiveness.

Glad you got it taken care of!
twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 18:30   #56

I run 4 malware programs and anti-virus with no conflicts, like I said have really smart Nephew!
Old 20-02-2009, 22:58   #57
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I can assure you that the site integrity is not compromised. A redirected download is often a sign of a trojan or a browser hijack (but this is a topic for entirely another discussion).

Apologies for a late reply - we are hard at work on a new version (but it is likely going to be some time before it is available since a crucial feature depends on another party). This thread will be the first to know
Old 21-02-2009, 09:25   #58

Great ,glad you checked. While nothing is impossible it is unlikely that a trojan or redirector would be able to activate on my computer without being detected and stopped. I did not in any way mean to impune your site or program, just to let you know what happened when I visited. All those who create this malicious crap should be drawn and quartered!
Old 21-02-2009, 18:14   #59

Um, of all the people who got the file, you seem to be the only one with a problem. Do the math...
Old 21-02-2009, 18:23   #60

Yeah Yeah SHOOT THE MESSENGER ,BEAT ME UP!!!! I went to my home page and then here and then tried download which was stopped by my anti virus and anti spyware programs YOU DO THE MATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough of this. Go pick on someone else.