Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 10:45   #91

Boat: Beneteau 50
Re: Antenna for WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
my wave-rv had a disc, which, when i went to install it into another laptop, was unreadable.
i found another antenna similar to that antenna, and found drivers online for it an di am using that one now.it identifies the available signals and their strength. it actually works.
i want to find a booster kind of device for longer distances as some places are half mile fr om boat for signals and i dont always wanna go to shore just to play with you guys or send momma an email. is much more convenient to do so from comfort of my own dinette.
what do you guys recommend for this .....
Following my Captifi breakdown and issues with Radiolabs support service I am now using a 3g Key which allows me to go to internet through GSM.
It's much more effective since you can have internet in every place you have a mobile phone connexion.
I am currently in greek islands where wifi spots are rare but where GSM spots are everywhere.
It's just my experience but it can be of any value for you.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna