Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 06:02   #1

Anyone have a dta kit for iridium 9505a i could borrow to update phone SW??

Hi,

I've just picked up an Iridium 9505a and the screen says "Invalid battery". I've done some reading an apparently it's a SW issue for these phones. I need to update the phone SW to newest version to get around this problem. I need a data kit in order of doing this. Does someone local or not have one I could borrow? I'll pay postage both ways and leave a large deposit if needed for piece of mind. If I can't get it to work it'll have to go back. I haven't been on here in awhile but my plans are all set and I'm hoping to buy my boat in Grenada around July. Looking forward to actively using the site again.

Thanks

Chris

PS I'm based in Herts Uk but can travel to surrounding areas
Chris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 13:43   #2

Re: Anyone have a dta kit for iridium 9505a i could borrow to update phone SW??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris84 View Post
Hi,

I've just picked up an Iridium 9505a and the screen says "Invalid battery". I've done some reading an apparently it's a SW issue for these phones. I need to update the phone SW to newest version to get around this problem. I need a data kit in order of doing this. Does someone local or not have one I could borrow? I'll pay postage both ways and leave a large deposit if needed for piece of mind. If I can't get it to work it'll have to go back. I haven't been on here in awhile but my plans are all set and I'm hoping to buy my boat in Grenada around July. Looking forward to actively using the site again.

Thanks

Chris

PS I'm based in Herts Uk but can travel to surrounding areas

You can buy a data kid for ~$100 new, you'd probably spend that in postage shipping back and forth. Just my .02
N3VR L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 22:58   #3

Re: Anyone have a dta kit for iridium 9505a i could borrow to update phone SW??

Thanks for the reply. The phone was faulty so i sent it back. I replaced it with the Iridium 9555 and I'm glad that i did it's a much nicer and smaller package.

Thanks for letting us know though.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3VR L8 View Post
You can buy a data kid for ~$100 new, you'd probably spend that in postage shipping back and forth. Just my .02
Chris84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iridium, phone