Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2024, 09:57   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40.1
B&G Coordination of Devices & Alarm Notifications

Maybe my problem is that I have made things too complicated, but it is also not helped by B&G's lack of technical support. I have all the B&G stuff, including three chartplotters of different sizes, and all switched separately. I have learned that the best plan is to flick the switches for the NEMA hub, the autopilot, and the main chartplotter simultaneously, then turn on the main chartplotter on the cockpit table as fast as I can reach its power button. With luck, or so it seems, the Triton controller and Zeus 3S then talk to each other. If I am out of luck, they start barking error messages, saying there is no this or no that [GPS; autopilot; wind sensor]. So my first question is: does anyone understand the logic behind which device needs to see the other device in what particular sequence?
Then I was out the other day, and realized that while alarms would sound for depth or rudder, the Zeus 3s was not displaying its alarm dialog box, so I had to cancel the alarm (without knowing what it was) on the Triton controller. This is surely weird behavior, and it is the first time it has happened. Does anyone have any inspiration?
Bennyhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm