Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2018, 19:06   #1

Boat: S34 Bob Stewart - 1959 Patiki class. Re--built by me & good mate.
B&G triton T41 vs Triton2

Anybody swapped over?
Any better functionality apart from AIS page & a bit brighter?
One of my T41's crapped it and was offered a replacement under B&G's
5yr replacement but dunno about having a mixture of both.
Apparently they play happily together.
Footprint is different.
lateral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 10:24   #2

Boat: 1968 Ohlson 38 Sloop
Send a message via Yahoo to phantomracer
Re: B&G triton T41 vs Triton2

cant imagine there being a problem.

Not crazy about the significantly deep housing of the new version. The triton 1 display works well on my boat, the 2 would be a problem on my boat due to the depth.
phantomracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 08:18   #3

Boat: Grand Banks Eastbay 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateral View Post
Footprint is different.
I hate this. I'd gladly upgrade various gauges if it weren't for the constant changes to the size AND shape of the holes necessary for them. And it's definitely important to check both the height/width AND the depth necessary. Some gauges are decidedly deeper than previous generations. That and sometimes the surface flange/lip extends farther than expected. Be sure there's enough adjacent space to accommodate the gauge AND the cover than snaps onto it (and that your fingers can get to the pry points to remove it).

My one complaint about the Triton2 is it's kinda fiddly switching to night mode. You have to use it at whatever brightness it has currently, poke through a mode or two and then select Night mode. Reverse is true getting back to daytime mode. Wish there was a press-and-hold shortcut or something. It's annoying to switch helm stations at night (powerboat lower/flybridge) only to lose night vision because I have to wander through the menus. Which would be less of an issue if I had Triton2 at both stations as they'll apparently network the change. But I've still got some old H1000 down below.
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 12:04   #4

Boat: Freedom 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
I hate this. I'd gladly upgrade various gauges if it weren't for the constant changes to the size AND shape of the holes necessary for them. And it's definitely important to check both the height/width AND the depth necessary. Some gauges are decidedly deeper than previous generations. That and sometimes the surface flange/lip extends farther than expected. Be sure there's enough adjacent space to accommodate the gauge AND the cover than snaps onto it (and that your fingers can get to the pry points to remove it).

My one complaint about the Triton2 is it's kinda fiddly switching to night mode. You have to use it at whatever brightness it has currently, poke through a mode or two and then select Night mode. Reverse is true getting back to daytime mode. Wish there was a press-and-hold shortcut or something. It's annoying to switch helm stations at night (powerboat lower/flybridge) only to lose night vision because I have to wander through the menus. Which would be less of an issue if I had Triton2 at both stations as they'll apparently network the change. But I've still got some old H1000 down below.
These points are right on...
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote