Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-07-2016, 11:49   #16

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27
Re: Change MMSI on a Furuno FA-150 AIS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
How do you transfer an FCC issued MMSI on a vessel that has been sold? I've always had to apply for a new station license that came with a new MMSI.
Read this

https://www.uscg.mil/d13/cfvs/PDFs/DSC_MMSI.pdf

After a vessel is sold or transferred, the seller/transferor must contact the FCC to cancel the
license (if the vessel was individually licensed) or contact its private registration agent to cancel the
MMSI (if it was licensed by rule). If the vessel was individually licensed, the buyer/transferee must file
an application for a new ship station license and, in connection with that application, may ask the FCC to
reassign the MMSI from the cancelled license to the new license. If the vessel was licensed by rule, the
buyer/transferee may ask the private registration agent for reassignment of the MMSI that had been
assigned to the seller/transferor....

For further information, contact Ghassan Khalek of the Mobility Division, Wireless
Telecommunications Bureau, at (202) 418-2771, TTY (202) 418-7233, or ghassan.khalek@fcc.gov.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2016, 11:58   #17

Boat: Outbound 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by donradcliffe View Post
Read this

https://www.uscg.mil/d13/cfvs/PDFs/DSC_MMSI.pdf

After a vessel is sold or transferred, the seller/transferor must contact the FCC to cancel the
license (if the vessel was individually licensed) or contact its private registration agent to cancel the
MMSI (if it was licensed by rule). If the vessel was individually licensed, the buyer/transferee must file
an application for a new ship station license and, in connection with that application, may ask the FCC to
reassign the MMSI from the cancelled license to the new license. If the vessel was licensed by rule, the
buyer/transferee may ask the private registration agent for reassignment of the MMSI that had been
assigned to the seller/transferor....

For further information, contact Ghassan Khalek of the Mobility Division, Wireless
Telecommunications Bureau, at (202) 418-2771, TTY (202) 418-7233, or ghassan.khalek@fcc.gov.
Interesting. Next time -- a long time from now -- I'll try it.
Old 05-03-2017, 23:23   #18

Do you have FA-170 AIS password?thanks for your help.
010com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2021, 05:39   #19

For the FA50 - MFD 8/12 3D --- I've been able to get into my own vessel data by logging in on my MFD. However, I cannot figure out how to change my MMSI or Call Sign. I use the cursor key, and the little keypad pops up on the bottom -- but how do I delete the existing numbers on the screen and put my new ones in? Please help!!!

Thank you,

Bernie
brkelleher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ais, furuno