Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-07-2020, 02:27   #1

Boat: looking to buy my own 40 foot
Completely New Power generation system from solar and wind 2 lithium

I'm looking at buying a boat that needs power generation and have not been keeping up to date on the newer tech and I am looking to find out for phila what solar panels are the most efficient or highest performance and best value for your money and also trying to get the best brand name for the solar panels that are just a few mm thick that you can roll up bend lay ontop of and flex pretty much anyway without damaging them, and the brand of these designs and typesbalong with good customer service cruisers prefered suppliers.

These days Im Not sure what all a single controller can do by its self and if I can just tie in a hydrovayne and wind generator into the same 12 volt wire or wires basically or if they all need their own seperate transmission line to the POS terminal.

And in that note just like a natural gas or oil pipeline you can only move so much product or in this case DC current before you start loseing volts and amps due to the distance away from your power generation supply requiring a person change the size or quage of the wire which would also need a bigger size to prevent your power wire from burning up if you did have a lot of huice coming in at once lienyou underway on a really sunny day with the hydro leaned down and the wind generator going like or a unintentional situation like that.
Thanls everyone.
Lucas1983 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar, wind