Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 00:00   #1

Configure Simrad AP20 with RC25 compass ?

Looking for help on how to configure a Simrad AP20 with an RC25 compass.

My old RFC35 died, and I have purchased an RC25 to replace it, but after wiring it into the Robnet connectors on the AP20 computer the computer still cannot identify the compass. I believe I need to change the menu settings to specify that the compass is on Robnet, but I can't find the menu option.

Has anyone done this setup before, or can suggest the menu navigation path to use ?
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:34   #2

Boat: Beneteau First 42
Re: Configure Simrad AP20 with RC25 compass ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
Looking for help on how to configure a Simrad AP20 with an RC25 compass.

My old RFC35 died, and I have purchased an RC25 to replace it, but after wiring it into the Robnet connectors on the AP20 computer the computer still cannot identify the compass. I believe I need to change the menu settings to specify that the compass is on Robnet, but I can't find the menu option.

Has anyone done this setup before, or can suggest the menu navigation path to use ?
I may be wrong but I seem to recall that the RC25 can output data in both NMEA 0183 and 2000 format, the default being 2000. To get the earlier 0183 format I believe the AP20 requires, one has to change the wire connections in the RC25 case. Simrad has information on the required adjustment on its website but it should also be in the paperwork that came with the device.
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compass, simrad