Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 05:43   #1

Boat: Sabre 34-1 (sold) and Saga 43
Connecting Quark multiplexer to ship's wifi

I am not entirely sure this thread belongs in this forum, or with the techno-nerds over on OpenCPN. But I'll start here.

I have a Quark A031 multiplexer. Great piece of gear. I have used it for a few years, with my ship's WiFi a Verizon hotspot. The Hotspot died, I don't really use the internet connectivity (when needed, my cell hotspots), and so I have made what I see as an upgrade to a "travel router," a tp-link ac750 tl-wr902ac. This is a WiFi router that will bridge to another WiFi (my phone or a marina WiFi). I think it's a good solution.

Here's my issue. My Quark won't connect to the router.
First, it's been a long time since my old hotspot was set up, so I forget all I knew. But I can set up my phone as a hotspot, configure the Quark to connect to the phone, and it works. I can also connect my phone and my PC to the router, with no problems (so the router is set up right). But no matter what, the Quark won't connect to the router. I did try to set it up with zero security (no password, etc) and still no connection.

I asked Quark, they had no suggestions.

The Quark has a super simple configuration tool that you run on your PC to set the Quark IP, port, mode (station or adhoc), router user/password, etc. But it is a one-way thing. There is basically no way to connect to a configuration interface on the unit to look at diagnostics, etc.

Any wizards here that understand this stuff?
td {border: 1px solid #cccccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}
sailingharry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi