Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2021, 17:38   #1

Coursemaster autopilot Fault

Hi Legends, im new to the forum and would appreciate any advice, options or ideas on my autopilot problem, its a Coursemaster CM800 probably 15 odd yrs young, it wont of seen a lot of work as I only use it occasionally when we go fishing offshore fishing on those longer trips, so when I fire up the screen the background lights up and reads unit going through self test for couple of seconds, then your nav position etc comes up on the display and its ready to pilot, anyway over time ocassionally when you turn on screen background wouldnt light up and screen would read SYSTEM FAULT on the display, but after repeated attempts on our journey out it would eventually go through the self test and we could put it into pilot mode and everything works fine', this has happened a number of times, but it eventually starts working correctly, but I just want to try to get it sorted, so ive emailed coursemaster to try to get an idea on my options, but they say this is worse case scenario and i should contact their agent at the other end of NZ to upgrade the unit, this doesnt make sense to me as if this is the worst case scenario, why does it still work?
Has anyone had similar experiences like this that could give me some options or ideas? Thanks
Stabicraft fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2021, 18:54   #2

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'
Re: Coursemaster autopilot Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabicraft fan View Post
Hi Legends, im new to the forum and would appreciate any advice, options or ideas on my autopilot problem, its a Coursemaster CM800 probably 15 odd yrs young, it wont of seen a lot of work as I only use it occasionally when we go fishing offshore fishing on those longer trips, so when I fire up the screen the background lights up and reads unit going through self test for couple of seconds, then your nav position etc comes up on the display and its ready to pilot, anyway over time ocassionally when you turn on screen background wouldnt light up and screen would read SYSTEM FAULT on the display, but after repeated attempts on our journey out it would eventually go through the self test and we could put it into pilot mode and everything works fine', this has happened a number of times, but it eventually starts working correctly, but I just want to try to get it sorted, so ive emailed coursemaster to try to get an idea on my options, but they say this is worse case scenario and i should contact their agent at the other end of NZ to upgrade the unit, this doesnt make sense to me as if this is the worst case scenario, why does it still work?
Has anyone had similar experiences like this that could give me some options or ideas? Thanks
Lets see, the manufacturer has said that it needs an upgrade (presumably software) , they have an agent in NZ, albeit at the other end, yet you haven't contacted the agent to ascertain exactly what is needed, preferring to glean a remedy orf the internet?

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopilot, mast