Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2021, 16:42   #1

Boat: Catalina 30 Mk1
Cover for a Maretron dsm410

I feel like I’m chasing a bit of a unicorn here. I bought a Maretron DSM410 for my boat, and I’m impressed with it’s functionality. However, before I actually install it I’d like to get a cover to protect it from the elements (mainly the sun), but despite my best googling, I can’t seem to come up with a part number or anyone selling a cover.

all of the item listings specifically say “Does not include a cover”, so I knew that when I bought it. Was I just naïve to presume that a separate cover could be had for this?
mckinleytabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2021, 08:32   #2

Boat: Grand Banks Eastbay 47
Re: Cover for a Maretron dsm410

I don't know if they ever made covers for those. I wouldn't mind finding one for a the DSM410 on my flybridge. I wonder if a cover from anyone else's 4"-sized displays would fit over it? Maybe with a piece or two of door/window gasket stuck on an inside edge or corner to help it grab.

Though for regular use I'm finding I like the B&G Triton2 most of the time. The Maretron has certainly got a lot more options but the B&G is more pleasant to use.
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote