Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 05:42   #1

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Custom LCD Displays?

Like many, my good old Raymarine ST series instruments and RL70C plotter still work just fine but the displays are dying (my RL70C has developed a nice big white spot in storage).

And...I really dont want to rip out and replace my entire, otherwise perfectly good, electronics system with new just because of a bad display or two...not to mention the cost!

Replacement displays are no longer available from RayMarine (though complete used units can be found on eBay...and the prices are going up!).

Since its really just a display issue, does anyone have experience with design & manufacture of custom displays?

Im thinking maybe a group funding by ST owners of such an endevour, if its feasible to make the numbers work.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote