Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2020, 21:36   #1

Boat: Owner built 60’ Aluminum Expedition Yacht.
Danforth wind instruments

Greetings all. Anyone knowledgeable about Danforth wind speed and direction instruments ? Specifically, I need the sending units. I have a 0 to 100 speed display and a wind direction display with compass points . Definitely analog. Probably early 1970s. Five wire screw connectors and a lamp plug on the wind direction. Just red and black on the speed.
Very beautiful black dials with Danforth at the center. I believe they were built in Maine after White became Danforth. I found aluminum analog senders in China but I’m not sure they would be compatible as I don’t know what signals work with these displays.
Thanks in advance for replying. Mark the manatee.
Manateeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 16:19   #2

Re: Danforth wind instruments

I have a wind meter. One part of my sender is broken. Did you have any sucess in locating senders or parts for them?
Old 01-05-2023, 16:41   #3

Re: Danforth wind instruments

https://www.tinleyelectronics.com/home.htm I have seen these guys recommended in other similar threads, might be worth a look, no personal experience
markxengineerin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, rum, wind