Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2019, 18:37   #61

Re: DIY MMSI (re)programming

I came across a different password one can try, in case the "Quark" doesn't work:

$PSRT,012,,,(--JeHoVah--)*60

If anyone tries that and it either works or not, please post back here.
DITB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 07:50   #62

Boat: Hylas 49

My dealer mis spelled the name of my boat on my AIS. I downloaded the proAIS2 software, plugged in the USB cable to the computer, pressed Connect in the software, reprogrammed it, hit the save button and I was done. Could also change the MMSI that way.
TheOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 05:53   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonesail View Post
Standard horizon matrix VHF owner weighing options on changing the MMSI. Anyone know of a way around sending the radio to the factory in CA? Thanks.

Hi Gonesail - did you find a solution to reset the SH VHF ? I have just asked our local dealer in South Africa about reseting my MMSI and the reply was "buy a new radio" My GX2000 is only 5 years old and works perfectly
Alan N Crichton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 08:04   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspicious View Post
It's really quite simple. The problem is the cable set is pricey. Mine cost about $120. If OP is near Annapolis I can do it. If you have to ship you're better off shipping to the factory. Cheaper and faster.
Hi Auspicious - I am busy trying to get my MMSI reset on my SH GX2000 - the local agent told me it must go back to Cypress CA so from Cape Town South Africa its not going to happen. After some searching it appears one can use a USB-62C cable with a CT 99 cable adapter and then some kind of software. Please advise is this the cable you mention ? and if so what software did you use ?
Regards Alan
Old 20-11-2019, 08:06   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8fish View Post
Hi All,

Raymarine AIS-650. I saw the post: Yacht Electronics: SRT proprietary AIS commands. While this was reported to work with the AIS-500 and some other similar devices using that board, it does not work with AIS-650. One person suggests that maybe it is a password difference. This may be true, but I am also seeing distinctly different commands on the USB (NMEA) bus, so possible that it is more than just the password.

Here are some of the commands I am seeing:

$U0VSD,36,,,,,,,,*0D
$U0AIQ,VSD*51
$PSMT,0,0,0,1,nmeabaud 38400^2C4800,48*3E
and
$U0SSD,XXXXX,YYYYY,7,5,1,5,,AI*ZZ (X = call sign, Y = vessel name, Z = checksum)

I have not seen it send anything that looks like a password but since ProAIS2 is not updating the MMSI or resetting, it is probably not sending one.

I’ve done a bit of googling but haven’t seen documentation for the U0 or PSMT commands. Anyone have any ideas where I might find these NMEA/Raymarine commands?

Thanks
8Fish
The old better late than never - if you still need to reset a Raymarine 650 AIS I have some software that will do it.
Old 20-11-2019, 11:18   #66

Boat: HR 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Auspicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan N Crichton View Post
Hi Auspicious - I am busy trying to get my MMSI reset on my SH GX2000 - the local agent told me it must go back to Cypress CA so from Cape Town South Africa its not going to happen. After some searching it appears one can use a USB-62C cable with a CT 99 cable adapter and then some kind of software. Please advise is this the cable you mention ? and if so what software did you use ?
Regards Alan
Hi Alan,

I bought the material three of four years ago and have used it twice. *sigh* Not my best tool investment. Definitely two cables that plug together. The software came from Standard Horizon and I had to jump through hoops to get it. I'm sure the cables and CD are all together somewhere in one of the lockers in my lab. Good news for you is that lots of my stuff has drifted onto my lab bench and I've promised my wife to tidy up this coming weekend. Before I put things away I'll see what I can find. Do you have any crushing timeline? Is the weekend soon enough? We have a US holiday next week and I promised to clean up before that. If you don't hear from me by Monday or Tuesday nudge me.
Auspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 22:12   #67

Quote:
The old better late than never - if you still need to reset a Raymarine 650 AIS I have some software that will do it.
Alan, sent you a PM too, but would you mind sharing with me the instructions. I am in this situation also. Thanks.
wanderer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 00:42   #68

I've gone to 4 B&G dealers to try to get the MMSI in the NAIS400 changed but they all have said I need to buy a new one. It seems crazy to that that's the case. I connected through ProAIS2 and was able to change everything but the MMSI.

Do I really need to replace the unit?
crayiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:44   #69

Boat: Hallberg-Rassy 40

recently changed the MMSI on a GME AIS class B transceiver. Sent it back to GME and for AUD $65 they reset the MMSI and sent it back to me. Took about a week, no problemo. Very happy with GME’s service.

Ilenart
ilenart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:58   #70

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayiii View Post
I've gone to 4 B&G dealers to try to get the MMSI in the NAIS400 changed but they all have said I need to buy a new one. It seems crazy to that that's the case. I connected through ProAIS2 and was able to change everything but the MMSI.

Do I really need to replace the unit?
No of course not, it's just more profitable for them if they can sell you a new unit. Who is the importer for B&G in the US, or even the Navico parent group, might be worth dropping them a strongly worded message.

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 01:17   #71

Nudge nudge for the software if possible - I was offered a new GX2200 for $230 as the agent cannot change the MMSI - so I bought it as its supposed to work with my remote mic a RAM3 from SH - now the newer GX2200 is not compatible - so getting refund and will change the MMSI myself. Regards Alan
Old 18-12-2019, 04:31   #72

Nudge Nudge - for the software if possible

Regards Alan
Old 18-12-2019, 05:29   #73
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

Quote:
Hi Gonesail - did you find a solution to reset the SH VHF ? I have just asked our local dealer in South Africa about reseting my MMSI and the reply was "buy a new radio" My GX2000 is only 5 years old and works perfectly

it can be done by the owner with late model radios. email the factory and they will tell you how. for older models like mine you still have to send it back for them to do it
Old 05-01-2020, 09:57   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFithian View Post
Navico VHF MMSI reset procedure

1) Turn radio off

2) Simultaneously press X (or Exit) and Scan buttons and hold

3) Turn radio on, release both keys

4) Enter code 7100

Follow instructions for desired change.

Should work with:
Lowrance LVR 880/Link8
Simrad RS35
B&G V50

I can confirm that this works on Lowrance LVR 880 VHF
Thanks so much for this. Worked great on my lowrance link 8
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:15   #75

Quote:
I would be glad to try that software in my second hand AIS700 transceiver.
I tried several commands with quark and Jehovah passwords without any luck.

Thanks in advance!
jcarostegui is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grass