Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2019, 12:11   #1

does it make a difference??

just took the mast down for winter........and again managed to "modify" the windex on the mast crane. While looking at the mess I came to an idea that what I have been doing for as long as I have had the boat is have my windex off the back and my instruments off the front. Am now wondering, and I think I have room, is there any issue with having both off the back of the mast and thus sparing damage when launching and pulling the boat for the season?? Has anyone put both off the back of the mast or is there a reason that I don't see for keeping them separate??
Old 14-10-2019, 12:36   #2

Boat: Mirage 27 in Toronto; Wright 10 in Auckland
Re: does it make a difference??

Try changing the orientation of the boat.

My windex is off the stern side of the mast, the wind instrument is off the bow, and the top of my mast is just about the same level as our mast crane. If I tie up bow-in for de-masting, the crane and hook are on the front side of the mast and can get smashed against the wind instrument (and have done so in the past.)

Answer: tie up stern-in and placed so that the crane is pulling up at a slight angle away from the stick. Then you are less likely to hit anything and if anything does get hit, it's the windex.

Also hauling out ... this weekend, sigh.

Connemara
Connemara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc