Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2019, 11:49   #1

Boat: Vagabond 42
Frustration with Raymarine e97 chart plotter and Navionics

My boat lives in the Caribbean and I live in Texas. My Raymarine e97 chart plotter will not connect to ANY marina wi-fi systems and the Raymarine customer service guys acknowledge that it is a “known deficiency”. I renewed my Navonics subscription last April. I received a new Micro SD card, took it to Antigua and put it in the chart plotter. Now I want to get the most recent updates for the charts and am being told that I have to retrieve the original Navionics card from the chart plotter on the boat (2300 miles away) to accomplish the update. The update can’t be written to any Micro SD card, it has to be on their proprietary card. Does anyone know of a work around to either allow the Raymarine e97 to connect to a public wi-fi network or to be able to download the chart updates without having the retrieve the card from the plotter every time?
callistov42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, navionics, raymarine