Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 07:21   #1

Garmin 742xs-Color of water randomly changed to be same as color of land

I am trying to help a friend who just had a weird problem with his Garmin 742xs chartplotter. The map used to show land as a light green color, with water being shown as a combination of blue, light blue and white in color (depending on depth). All of a sudden the colors changed, and now everything (land and water) is colored light green. It's almost impossible to tell which is which. He was messing with his Active Captain App when it happened, but didn't think he had made any changes to anything. At first I thought he may have activated some sort of lesser quality basemap, but I checked and it is still using the Garmin LakeVU HD. I checked settings, display, colors and that didn't fix anything. Anybody else ever see this?
Hartwell Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garmin, water