Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2024, 08:22   #1

Boat: Contessa 32
Garmin GPS map 546s MFD available

I recently replaced my Garmin MFD with a Raymarine Axiom 9 unit. The Garmin was working fine but Navionics said I couldn't get a updated micro card to work with it. I'm in the gulf coast area and don't see many changes in this area so that really wasn't a major deal but the larger size screen of the Axiom 9 was. Also the Axiom 9 allows me to link my Ipad for use in the cockpit versus having to go below to view it in the cabin. I guess I could have hard wired it to the cockpit but the wireless connection solved that problem.

The Garmin unit is available to anyone for the cost of shipping. All the original cables are there, it's in good shape and ready for install.

I live in the Houston, TX area so may be able to hand this off without shipping if you live close. I think I may have the micro card around somewhere but I may have sent it back to Navionics when I got the new subscription.

I'll attach a few photos if I can make that happen. message or email me if interested.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3549.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	286024   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3550.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	286025  

n5ama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:32   #2

Boat: 35' Alden Design Cutter
Re: Garmin GPS map 546s MFD available

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5ama View Post
I recently replaced my Garmin MFD with a Raymarine Axiom 9 unit. The Garmin was working fine but Navionics said I couldn't get a updated micro card to work with it. I'm in the gulf coast area and don't see many changes in this area so that really wasn't a major deal but the larger size screen of the Axiom 9 was. Also the Axiom 9 allows me to link my Ipad for use in the cockpit versus having to go below to view it in the cabin. I guess I could have hard wired it to the cockpit but the wireless connection solved that problem.

The Garmin unit is available to anyone for the cost of shipping. All the original cables are there, it's in good shape and ready for install.

I live in the Houston, TX area so may be able to hand this off without shipping if you live close. I think I may have the micro card around somewhere but I may have sent it back to Navionics when I got the new subscription.

I'll attach a few photos if I can make that happen. message or email me if interested.

Tom
I've sent you a message Tom.
Iron E is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garmin, gps