Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 14:51   #1

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124
Garmin Helm... Loving it!

Garmin now allows you to view and control your chartplotter from your ipad over wi-fi..no additional hardware or cost required.

Its simply a screen sharing tool, like remote desktop for a PC, but its great! I can now mount an ipad over nav station and/or the pilot birth and not spend even more cash on a second plotter.

Also, the new version of Garmin homeport has some great new features including full integration with your chartplotters. Maps can be shared between devices... you stick a memory card into my plotter, copy the map onto the card and then stick the card into your mac. Homeport immediately picks it up and imports the chart.

I can then upload my plotted route to the chartplotter, and use the resulting laylines to figure out my tack and gybes. Awesome!

- z
zboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garmin, helm