Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2021, 20:49   #1

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54
H5000 or SailMon?

I've got to make a decision. This affects my friend's boat, and my own, as we decided to set up our electronics identically.

I've been strongly advised by different people to go with the B&G tall racing wind transducer (WS730) rather than the CV7. I think I'm persuaded now.

Once I've gone that far, then it seems logical that I should be looking at the H5000 to calibrate all the data since they were made for each other.

But the calibration routines of SailMon look much more powerful, and I like the displays better.

But I have not been able to find anyone who has used both in real life and can compare their experiences! No one?
We must have a turn together . . . . I undress . . . . hurry me out of sight of the land,
Cushion me soft . . . . rock me in billowy drowse,
Dash me with amorous wet . . . . I can repay you."
Walt Whitman
Dockhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2021, 22:43   #2

Boat: Y40
Re: H5000 or SailMon?

Hi Dockhead,

If you choose B&G's wind sensor I would recommend you to choose H5000. Despite that Sailmon might be more user friendly we have to keep in mind that 95% of the calibration work relates to finding and testing the proper calibration settings and just 5% to feed them in or change them. To my recollection B&G also has some kind of web application where you feed in the basic data on your yacht and recommends initial calibration settings. The fine tuning must obviously then be made based on various sea trials.

Br,
Christer
ChrisseH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail