Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2019, 19:53   #1

Boat: Liberty 458
Has anyone tried Gobius Pro

Does anyone have experience with Gobius or Gobius Pro. Seems like a slick system for checking tank levels, but is it to go to be true?

www.gobiuspro.com

Thanks!
bbolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 22:10   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45
Re: Has anyone tried Gobius Pro

I added Gobius units to my two holding tanks... There are 3 sensors so it indicates empty, low, medium, and full. I love that they install on the outside of the tank, no muss, no fuss. The Pro looks slick due to the bluetooth, but the standard one works well, and you can tie it in to a standard guage or into an NMEA network using various adapters.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:10   #3

Thanks for the info!

Did you put three units on one tank? Their video looks like one unit per tank will do the job. How long have you had them installed?

Thanks again!
Old 05-03-2019, 15:30   #4
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

It doesn't have nmea2000 so that's a fail
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:21   #5
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolin View Post
Thanks for the info!

Did you put three units on one tank? Their video looks like one unit per tank will do the job. How long have you had them installed?

Thanks again!
On my Gobius units, each tank has a control module and 3 sensors. Attached a photo.

My units have an analog output for any standard tank gauge to be added, which could also be an NMEA2000 tank monitoring add on.. Like this one from Yacht Devices.. Tank Adapter: Connect resistive type fluid level sensor to NMEA 2000

Not the cheapest option, but doable.

--

With the Gobius Pro, there is no control box.. Each sensor has Bluetooth and you set up how they are used in the mobile app.. According to their documentation you can have anywhere from 1 to 9 sensors on a single tank, depending on how you want to monitor it. Of you just want an alert that the tank is low or full, you can use one sensor. If you want to get an idea of HOW full it is, then you need multiple sensors on the same tank. In the app you group the sensors and define them. You could install 4 per tank on two tanks, and then in the app you group them into two groups.

The downside of the Pro kit seems to me to be that you have to use your smartphone/tablet to monitor it. With the non-Pro it has it's own display and you can integrate it into NMEA with add-ons if you want to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0536.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	187392  
Old 06-03-2019, 10:47   #6

Thank you very much for the detailsed reply. This is quite helpful!
Old 21-06-2019, 14:07   #7

Richard. I just bought the Gobius Pro. I have 4 fuel tanks connected in series and the analogue senders have failed. Replacing them is impossible. The Gobius Pro is an idea solution. Originally I thought of installing 3 on one tank to give me my fuel level. Alternatively I could install one on each tank at lets say the 1/4 level. Do you see a Pro or con to each alternative .

Background they are diesel fuel tanks two for each engine feeding a fifth “day” tank.
Cmdrart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2019, 14:21   #8

Boat: Hunter Marine 38

For outside tank level measurement also look at New Providence Marine Tank monitors. You get 10 levels indicated on the display for each tank.

This is installed on my boat for more then 14 years and still going strong, But NOT NMEA2000.
sailormed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2019, 04:31   #9

Unfortunately the New Providence system is not for fuel tanks.
Cmdrart is offline   Reply With Quote