Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 22:37   #1
Marine Service Provider

How to diagnose intermittent network fault

My Autopilot is off more often than it works. I think the unit is fine, it is the network that is broken. I also regularly lose heading information. I also often lose GPS on the Axiums but I suspect that is an unrelated issue.

System consists of two Axium displays, 7" in cockpit and 12" in cabin. Cabin one has radar and sonar, seem OK.

There is a simple hub and a STNG Converter. The later shows a green light flashing once per second "Not connected?" whatever that actually means.

STNG has EV-1, Cabin Axium, a secondary cabin depth, the ACU 400. Daisy chained to hub which has AIS (vesper marine) and continues (blue) to cockpit where it spurs and daisy's between P70, i50, and 7" Display.

I tried disconnecting the long line to the cockpit at the cabin, moved a blue terminator instead. Problem remains.

I doubt that both the EV-1 and ACU 400 are faulty at the same time.

I presume the Axiums communicate via the separate Ethernet cable, and that the Seatalkng line to the cockpit one is redundant.

Thoughts? Is there any direct way to electrically check the netowrk? I am currently sailing upwind, can just lock the wheel, but I have an upcoming week of downwind sailing.

Incidentally, does Ray Marine still provide any support? raymarine@mailft.custhelp.com bounces.

Thanks.

Anthony
aberglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
network, work