Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2024, 11:57   #46

Re: Is it possible to reach customer service at B&G?

It was definitely the screws, finally pulled into someplace that had very small stainless steel and that did the trick. Would have taken B&G all of 2 minutes to help me with that, but they apparently can't be bothered to help their customers even when they provide the wrong screws! I won't be buying from them again, that's for sure.
MaheDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2024, 14:11   #47

Boat: Najad 490 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheDriver View Post
It was definitely the screws, finally pulled into someplace that had very small stainless steel and that did the trick. Would have taken B&G all of 2 minutes to help me with that, but they apparently can't be bothered to help their customers even when they provide the wrong screws! I won't be buying from them again, that's for sure.
As I said - normally they provide TWO different sets of screws in the package. One set fits the screen for flush mount. The other set is for the U bracket.

So i'm not quite certain you can blame B&G.

But the screws are so standard you should be able to walk into any store selling Stainless screws and pick something that fits.
kaz911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2024, 02:49   #48

Glad you were able to source suitable screws and were able to solve the problem.

I'm sitting on the fence regarding the responsiveness of B&G support.

Like it's not if I can ring up Ford or GM and ask for specific advice, rather I would expect them to redirect me to the dealer from whom I bought the vehicle.

On the other hand B&G could do better.
stevead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2024, 05:40   #49

Boat: Pearson 386

Thanks to my marina misplacing one of their slings for my Winter haul out. I am trying to find out if B&G sells a replacement paddlewheel for their DST 810 transducer as I've just noticed one of the vanes of the speed paddle was broken off its base. If only they would have honored the sling marks, I could have been saved this exercise. Ironically, this happened once before about ten years ago and the marina folks that hauled it purchased a new paddle quite quickly for the then Airmar transducer, so hopefully this B&G one is serviceable in this manner.
OneBoatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2024, 05:43   #50

Boat: Najad 490 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBoatman View Post
Thanks to my marina misplacing one of their slings for my Winter haul out. I am trying to find out if B&G sells a replacement paddlewheel for their DST 810 transducer as I've just noticed one of the vanes of the speed paddle was broken off its base. If only they would have honored the sling marks, I could have been saved this exercise. Ironically, this happened once before about ten years ago and the marina folks that hauled it purchased a new paddle quite quickly for the then Airmar transducer, so hopefully this B&G one is serviceable in this manner.
Despite being marketed as a B&G DST810 - it is still an Airmar unit. So you can order any Airmar DST810 paddlewheel for it. Just check if you have the Gen2 version with square wheels or Gen 1 with rounded paddles.
kaz911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2024, 07:20   #51

Boat: Pearson 386

Kaz911 Much appreciated reply, I will turn directly to Airmar for replacing the paddle. I didn't see any transducer paddles listed as such on the B&G site, but I suppose I'm still interested to see if they respond to my service inquiry.
OneBoatman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service