Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2019, 12:32   #1
Marine Service Provider

Looking for an electrical engineering program/school MCA or Coast Gaurd?

Greetings!
Any advice in regards to the best program/certificate to advance my already competent albeit basic knowledge of electrical/mechanical systems on boats. I have a 200 ton YM Ocean ticket and am looking add an engineering cert.
If you have such a certificate did you find it has paid for itself in regards to boosting your CV and skill set? What program did you attend and did you enjoy it? I’m hoping to find a program with great teachers and in a location/position to make more connections in the industry. Being that I love sailing and kitesurfing it would ideally be in a windy location... Miami/Ft.Lauderdale are not the most appealing to me. Thanks in advance for sharing you thoughts and or experiences!
Swimmingbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, electric, electrical, engine, engineer, school