Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-04-2021, 15:12   #1

Boat: 1979 Californian 34
Matsutec HA-102 AIS transponder

I am trying to run a Matsutec HA-102 AIS transponder with Open CPN on my MacBook Pro. It has an RS 232 9 pin connector with a USB terminal. Not getting any signal. My friend tried to connect to his PC but still no signal. Does anyone have experience with the Matsutec transponder?
OnTheSea60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:50   #2

Boat: Yamaha 33 tall rig
Re: Matsutec HA-102 AIS transponder

A pretty late reply, but, yes, I have experience with the MA102 and OpenCPN. However rather than hardwired to my tablet, I have a Yacht Devices YDWR-02 multiplexer and wifi router sending the data wirelessly. Works well.
viccoastdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2022, 09:45   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSea60 View Post
I am trying to run a Matsutec HA-102 AIS transponder with Open CPN on my MacBook Pro. It has an RS 232 9 pin connector with a USB terminal. Not getting any signal. My friend tried to connect to his PC but still no signal. Does anyone have experience with the Matsutec transponder?
Hi @onthesea60, did you find a solution for the driver? I just bought a boat with the same AIS and am trying to connect it to a macbook air via usb but no luck. Can't find drivers for it online.
Thanks
Lufada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2022, 10:05   #4

Boat: Yamaha 33 tall rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufada View Post
Hi @onthesea60, did you find a solution for the driver? I just bought a boat with the same AIS and am trying to connect it to a macbook air via usb but no luck. Can't find drivers for it online.
Thanks
When I tried to plug a 9 pin cable into the transponder to program it, the mounting lugs for the 9 pin socket on the transponder were too long to allow the cable to make contact with the pins. I had to use a deep adapter I had left over from other things and which didn't get in the way of the mounting lugs for the connection to happen. Perhaps that's something to check.
viccoastdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ais