Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2014, 16:02   #16

Re: MaxSea Instalation Support

Thank you very much its been a lot helpful for me....so whant to the same trick with the ais and the sounder ive atached the foto...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1413500375.101286.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	89839Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1413500405.859270.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	89840

If i connect that ais on the maxsea i will see the boats right?live boats and they tracks?if i connect the sounder what can i do? Ive connect via serial port the ais but i dont have the drivers...on the cd of ais ita just a little software ais configurator..thats all...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
bolfescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2014, 01:23   #17

The cable is this one?
http://m.ebay.it/itm/251642275729

But dont have already the serial connection only the wires at the end,from where can i have the serial scheme diagram to know how to connect a serial jack?

Old 17-10-2014, 04:49   #18

Boat: Outbound 44

You can see the wiring diagram for the cable in the warning PDF document at http:// http://www.furunousa.com/pro...x?product=GP33
It is a pain that they don't include the serial connector,DB9, with the cable. You will have to wire it up yourself.
As far as the other devices is concerned, this will depend on how they are already setup. The easiest would be to have them all networked with the gp33, then relay information out of the gp33. Alternately you could use a nmea0183 output from the AIS into the PC. MaxSea will show the AIS targets.
Old 17-10-2014, 05:24   #19

If the other devices its conected to gp33 so it wil be ok to have even the ais targets,and sounder?
It is a way to connect that sounder to pc ?at the back its a little bigger the cable....

Old 21-10-2014, 00:51   #20

Can help me someone?...

Old 21-10-2014, 05:00   #21

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge

Afraid I don't know much more that might be useful.

As I said, MaxSea customer service in France (via e-mail) has been very helpful in the past. Furuno has also been helpful, here for example (although it's the US site): Furuno USA Forum

I have MaxSea TimeZero, but don't have any external sensors connected, so can't speak to that directly.

OTOH, we also have a Furuno NavNET-3D chartplotter and an FCV-585 fishfinder, slightly similar to your FCV-291. The plotter essentially uses MaxSea TZ as it's internal "engine" so the display is very similar to what you see in MaxSea TZ.

Info from our fishfinder (depth, speed through water, water temp) can displayed in a data box on the screen. The visual representation of the bottom structure is not displayed on the plotter.

I have no clue about your AIS system and what you might be able to display on TZ. Our Furuno AIS system does display on the NN3D plotter, so I think that means it's theoretically possible to send AIS info to TZ on a computer... but that's as far as I can get.

-Chris

Tags
maxsea