Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-04-2022, 16:31   #16

Re: NEXUS Instruments

I'll buy the displays too
michaelkehir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2022, 16:56   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartan4100 View Post
I was a Neuxs dealer from 2002 (and a Nexus user since 1994) and am now a Garmin dealer. I still have lots of Nexus parts and displays, etc. I can perhaps help you fix your system as well as move towards a Nexus/Garmin system, or a full Garmin system. You can contact me by email a d_booth@verizon.net.
Hi Dick
Sent you email w twin fin breakage..can you fix?
Please text me/ call 650 676 0636
Tx
Michael kehir
michaelkehir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2022, 17:29   #18

Boat: Ericson 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelkehir View Post
Hi Dick
Sent you email w twin fin breakage..can you fix?
Please text me/ call 650 676 0636
Tx
Michael kehir
Just a heads up that the current Garmin wind sensor is identical. It’s still the Nexus RS485 down the mast, connected to Garmin’s GND-10 (a nexus to NMEA 2000 bridge). We can actually hook up our old nexus instruments to the GND and pull in data from our n2k bus. It’s pretty slick.
hjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2022, 09:17   #19

Boat: Kaufman 47

@tartan4100 would you happen to have the 3 bearings for the Silva Nexus wind transducer NX2? One of the bearings in mine, the bottom one, recently corroded and stopped working. I've found a company in China that can send me replacement bearings, $100 for all 3 (shipping incl), but I'd prefer to get parts from someone who knows the product.
Thank you.
SV_Copacetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2022, 07:41   #20

Boat: Tartan 4100

I have horizontal rotation bearings in stock for the Nexus/Silva single tail fin/two prop blade wind transducer. It is the one with screws holding the nose cone, the fin and the body together. You mentioned NX2 but the NX2 twin fin transducer is totally glued together and very difficult to even access the bearings. So confirm you are meaning the single tail fin transducer and we can proceed. And there are only two horizontal bearings but I always replace both at the same time. d_booth@verizon.net
tartan4100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2022, 23:55   #21

Hi All, especially Dick taratan4100
I have a 37 ft sloop in Auckland, NZ fitted with Nexus electronics (plus a Garmin chartplotter)
My son & I have done a lot of shorthanded racing, and have used a Nexus AutoPilot and pumpset as a tiller pilot extensively.
The ram head came unscrewed fron the tiller head coupling recently, the pumpset pulled the ram hardover, and kept running as the rudder angle signal was all wrong - and now the circuit board seems to have blown.
We may be able to repair, but this would be our second board for this unit - over 15 or more years. The first board that failed was ruined by a computer repair shop many years ago.
I am interested in obtaining any Nexus gear - to keep my system working as long as possible. Mast head wind unit (wireless), depth instruement, the Nexus to Garmin multiplexer (second hand is fine).
Any offers replied to, and of course I'll be paying the freight too!
cheers
Ian
MrFish70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, rum