Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2014, 09:59   #16

Re: Radar Overlay Problem

I think the "problem" with the two radars is that the system allows you to have two different "views" of the radar, e.g. two different ranges on two different displays. There's only one radar.
svinshallah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2014, 15:07   #17

Boat: ex-Tartan 40
Re: Radar Overlay Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
I owe you a beer!!!

Disconnected the GS25 and the problem disappeared! The radar was grabbing heading data from the GS25 (heading sensor is unused and therefore uncalibrated). Contrary to the network configuration.

I have written to Navico tech support to ask why.

Hope this helps someone else with a similar problem.
I'm glad it worked. I wonder if we need a B&G/Navico ongoing support thread. The manuals are only partial answers to a lot of routine questions that come up and the combined NMEA2000 and NMEA0183 networking gives me a headache.

For example, I decided that I wanted to turn off my AIS transmissions while I was sitting on the mooring loading waypoints and, generally, just figuring things out. I knew it could be done, because the tech showed me the screen on Friday. Where is the screen? Good question. Check the manual. No joy. Start exploring menus. Not much luck until, finally, I found it by going into the device menus. Sheesh!

So, my question in lieu of a virtual beer: Can you copy routes into new routes and then rename them? I do this in iNavX since the first dozen waypoints are the same on my way to pretty much anywhere. It's nice to have them as part of the route if I have to travel at night or in fog. However, I couldn't figure out a way to reuse the common waypoints across routes. Inserting the waypoints one at a time is supremely inelegant.
S/V Sapphire Tartan 40 #71

tartansail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radar